Are there LED navlights that fit Bayliner 175?-gctid378936

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there LED navlights that fit Bayliner 175?-gctid378936

Looking for the front ones and the pole too.

Just pull a bulb out and cross reference it. Mostof th LED sites hae a cross reference chart.

Comment

Looking to do a whole replacement unit. Anyone use the Attwood 1nm or 2nm ones on the front?

Comment

Replacing incandescent light bulbs with LEDs in nav-lights which were not approved for LEDs is illegal. I wouldn't do it. The price difference between LED bulbs and a complete unit doesn't justify it......

Comment

You might consider mounting 2nm LED units on each side of the boat to replace the combined unit, you could put something more useful there like a bow roller or just something to tie off the anchor.

Here's what I did with mine: http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...read.php?66421

Comment

Attwood makes one for the nav lights. they are about 45 bucks, works great I have one installed (two mile one) and I replace the bulb in my anchor light pole with a bright LED base type. all in all they are way brighter than the stock light that are one the boat.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684721=27625-unnamed.jpg[/img]

Comment

did they change? Mine has a Seachoice 02021 bi-color (this number is already the LED version of the bulb-one I have on the boat).

Search with google and it shows the pic.

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP136251561.htm

Starting at $18 it's cheaper than the Attwood too.

Haven't found the correct all-around yet.

Comment

The Attwood sure is pretty.

It may sound picky, but I like the lightpipe on the top of the unit so you can tell if it's lit from behind. It's a simple idea....not sure about $27 more dollars simple, but I like it. :greedy_dollars:

I'm hoping to get to my local Bayliner dealer in a few weeks ( a few miles away ) and pick up some brochures and generally make a pest of myself on all the small boats. I'm not as "up" on the newer models as I'd like to be. I'll try to make a point of asking about the LEDs for Bayliners....

Comment

yeah, these dots are nice but not worth the extra $$ to me..... Still looking for the LED all around. I found an Attwood one which might fit but I have to try it out first.

While we are at it: is there a LED work light available in RED? I hate the white ones for boating as it takes quite a while before one can see again once the light is turned off. With red it's a lot better. I have a red high power flashlight but a fix installed light would be my preferred choice.

Comment

Are you wanting to change these to LED for a lessor power consumption, or just for an upgrade?

When my navigation lights are burning, so is my alternator charging.

Anchor light??? Different story!

Just a thought.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

the anchor light makes for a good light on the boat too which is why I'd like to have an LED version. The front bi-color one I don't care as it will only be powered when the engine is running.

As I mainly boat on a lake which is pretty narrow at some spots with almost vertical rocks going 100+ feet up and pretty dark you need a light to see where you have to go next. With a white search/work light it takes far to long before you can see again after you turned it off. With red light it works just fine.

Comment

I got one of these from a local Bias Boating store here in Australia, its a telescopic white LED all round light that's a direct replacement for the original on the 175 although it also comes with its own base unit. I'd guess that an equivalent is available in the US.

Being LED its whiter and brighter than the original filament lamp version and the electrics are water sealed.

http://www.biasboating.com.au/product_p/5449.htm

Comment

I bought a simple LED light cluster for my anhcor light pole, I just had to match the base type. It's brighter and taller which clear the base cup better than the old bulb. I got it from superbrightLEDs.com

I think it was WLED-xHP9-T

that i used for my anhcor light. I also replaced all my guages lights with small red colored LEDS for night time. Work great no glare!

Comment

JWebber wrote:
                            I bought a simple LED light cluster for my anhcor light pole, I just had to match the base type. It's brighter and taller which clear the base cup better than the old bulb. I got it from superbrightLEDs.com

I think it was WLED-xHP9-T

that i used for my anhcor light. I also replaced all my guages lights with small red colored LEDS for night time. Work great no glare!

but I hope you are aware that it's an illegal modification! I have no doubts that it works fine but if CG or rangers catch you you are toast. Only lights approved with/for LED can be used. Our rangers are usually super tolerant but they can turn tough in no time and so far I haven't figured out what can cause the change (weather, temperature, time of day?). Only thing I noticed is that the boat type has impact. Jet-Skis make them change a lot faster.

As I want to have the all around a lot higher to reduce the glare the telescoping mast shown above looks like the solution to me. I already found it at boatersworld. Worst case I have to install a new base.

Edit: was looking at our sponsors g2m but they don't have something I'd like. Cheapest solution seems to be the Seasense 50023965 (~$45) which will elevate the light quite a bit but won't be longer for storage.

Comment

kjs wrote:
                              but I hope you are aware that it's an illegal modification! I have no doubts that it works fine but if CG or rangers catch you you are toast. Only lights approved with/for LED can be used. Our rangers are usually super tolerant but they can turn tough in no time and so far I haven't figured out what can cause the change (weather, temperature, time of day?). Only thing I noticed is that the boat type has impact. Jet-Skis make them change a lot faster.

As I want to have the all around a lot higher to reduce the glare the telescoping mast shown above looks like the solution to me. I already found it at boatersworld. Worst case I have to install a new base.

Edit: was looking at our sponsors g2m but they don't have something I'd like. Cheapest solution seems to be the Seasense 50023965 (~$45) which will elevate the light quite a bit but won't be longer for storage.
                              I keep reading people say that replacing the bulb with a led is illegal, but I have yet seen anyone produce a link to the USCG site/rules/regulations that clearly outline this. I know there is no USCG approved markings on my festoon bulb in my navigation light. Not that I don't believe that it's illegal I'd just like to read it to properly educate myself.

This also leads me to ask about cruisers or house boats that have "mood" and rope lighting all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X