Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim switch / stereo remote positioning-gctid378915

Hello all,

Planning to install a transom-mounted trim switch and a stereo remote control back by the swim platform. Just wondering where any of you decided to mount yours and why? Lots of ideas, and obviously only one shot at getting it right.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Funny, I just did both of these. My stereo remote I put by the helm so I won't bother you with my positioning for that. As for the trim switch my idea may interest you. I recently added a wakeboard tower (which I notice you are looking to do as well) and my wakeboard tower has a nav light on top. When I wired the nav light on the tower, I disconnected the standard stern light. This left a light socket that was not in use=hole that I could use for something else. So I removed the socket and used that hole as a mounting position for my trim switch. I did have to use a backing board underneath the hole here as I did not want to drill any extra holes-the backing board gave me something to drill into to snub up the switch. The location is perfect for what I use it for and I can remove it without having made any permanent changes.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/682440=27378-trim switch.jpg[/img]

Comment

Here is where I installed the remote. I picked that spot because it is on the opposite side of the ladder. When my wife is laying out on the aft lounge and when I am chillin on the swim grid, it is easily accessible for both of us. I hope to god its completely waterproof.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/682558=27406-transonremote.jpg[/img]

Comment

Clever idea on the trim switch. I'm also thinking about the side opposite the ladder for the stereo remote, seems less likely to get banged into with a foot, ski, etc on that side. I need to stay near the edge of the boat though because I have an extended swim platform and I want to be able to reach it while standing in the water at the beach. It's supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow so I can start playing with locations to see how they work/look.

Comment

Working...
        X