(39)12 180 OB gas tank leak-gctid378836

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(39)12 180 OB gas tank leak-gctid378836

Our very first run on this boat last Saturday, other than sea-trials. Boat ran great with a nice ride compared to my old jet boat. We unloaded, trailered up, and headed to the gas station to top off the tank to see how much gas our day out used (very economical engine, the 90 4 stroke, 7 gallons in 4 hours of engine running break-in).

Next morning I go out to finish detailing, and the ski locker smells of gas strongly. No smell in the rear bilge, or the gas tank access hole, just in the ski locker. Odd. I clean and flush it out, dry it off and put it in the garage. 30 mins later, ski locker has visible puddles of gas. I look closer, seems like I can see a seep by where the vent and filler hoses attach. Try to snug up the clamps, they are tight as can be. I sure hope this tank isn't cracked somewhere, it looks like they have to cut your floor out to replace it....

Wow ...Not good...I assume your already in contact with the dealer....keep us posted on what the dealer and factory did for you...When you get a chance please give us review of your boat and it's performance.

PICTURES!!!!

Comment

Just got back from the 90 mile round trip to drop it off. I'll post up when I know what the deal is.

Comment

I would think any boat dealer or manufactuer will take a gas leak seriously.

Comment

Bayliner wants the boat back to replace the gas tank. They'll have it for 12 days. How a boat gets out the factory door with a leaking gas tank at all is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
          X