Bayliner 185 BR Bow Seat Back Removal-gctid652620

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 185 BR Bow Seat Back Removal-gctid652620

Can anyone tell me how to remove the bow back cushions on a Bayliner 185 BR. Although they are mounted on brackets and lift off, there is a screw in the very back that holds the rear end and seems to have been installed from the inside. I am having trouble removing this screw. Can anyone help me with that?

My bow back cushions on my 185 just slide straight up off the brackets and they are off. I first found that they come off this spring .... I didn't know they could do that. There were only brackets holding the cushions though, not any screws. Could you take a picture of the screw you are having trouble with? Did you purchase your boat new or used? If used, someone could have "modified" it to fix a previous issue.

Comment

They should just slide up and then off but I can imagine someone securing them thinking they might fly off while trailering.
      It's all a dream
      '03 245 5.7/BIII & '06 175

Comment

I will take a photo this weekend and post on the forum. It is starting to sound like I could do away with the screws if I could cut or remove them. Does anyone see a problem with that?

Comment

Working...
        X