Water stains on headliner - 2355 Cierra Sundbridge-gctid650564

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water stains on headliner - 2355 Cierra Sundbridge-gctid650564

Hello - I noticed yesterday that a water leak around the hatch in the front has discolored the headliner in the cabin. I was thinking of using spot remover for carpet, but wanted to check here to see if anyone here had any other suggestions? The headliner is in great shape and doesn't appear to have much discoloration despite being 17 years old and I certainly don't want to ruin it further. Thanks for any suggestions.

Cory

1998 Cierra Sunbridge

Try mixing up and spraying some Oxiclean on it and use wet vac/dry to extract it.
    Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

I have the same issue. We purchased an 88 Ciera Sunbridge that has been sitting for 2 years. So not only do we have water/mold stains, but a mildew smell. I can deal with the upholstery, but I don't want to replace the headliner felt.

I was going to try carpet stain remover or an oxi cleaner for the stains, and a spray on/vacuum carpet cleaner all over.

Hope you will post your results for whatever you try. It will be 2 weeks before I get back there to clean.

Comment

Yes Oxiclean it works up to a point, wet the area down let it sit and bush- vacuum the area, after it dries vacuum it again, all the best and seal the hatch.
        Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
        96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Use Attwood mildew and mold spray. Spray and forget it... I would use Capt Tolley Creeping Crack Cure around all bases of railings on top of the cabin. Walmart sells the Attwood and Capt tolley can be found on line... http://www.captaintolley.com/

Doug ;}
          MMSI: 338068776
          "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will give the oxi-clean a shot too. I used a bit of resolve on one area and it worked to a certain degre..

Also, I thought the stains were old and the leak had been fixed by the previous owner. I found out otherwise when washing it the other day - water definitely creeping into the headliner. I assume that fixing the leak is as simple as remove the hatch, scraping the old caulk and resealing? The hatch appears to be secured with screws into the decking - if that's all it takes should be a piece of cake.

Thanks again.

Cory

'98 Bayliner 2355 Cierra S/B

Comment

Working...
            X