Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayliner 175 Stainless Accessories - What did you do?-gctid376620

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bayliner 175 Stainless Accessories - What did you do?-gctid376620

    Hi. I have a 2006 175. I want to get stainless engine vents, thru hull, cupholders, and bimini brackets. Anyone done these? What did you buy exactly and what size?

    Thru-hull = 3/4"?

    Engine vents = dive-n-dog S-4 vent? Can I get the cheap one that is just a cover and put it on top of the white plastic one or do I need to get the full replacement with the hose fitting

    Cupholders = standard 3-3/4"? Bunch of those on ebay

    Bimini brackets = ?

    #2
    i am also interested in this.....

    Comment


      #3
      The full dive-n-dog vents with the flange (thru-hull) are an exact match. They used the existing screws and holes. A very easy mod.

      I also added stainless cupholders. They took a bit more work as they were a little larger. Nothing a dremel couldn't handle though.

      Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/680504=27139-Steve 54th birthday 016.jpg[/img]

      Comment


        #4
        are these the ones; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIVE-N-DO...ht_3698wt_1219

        is that a bazooka marine sub under the helm on the passenger side i see ;-) ?

        Comment


          #5
          kidafa wrote:
          are these the ones; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIVE-N-DO...ht_3698wt_1219

          is that a bazooka marine sub under the helm on the passenger side i see ;-) ?
          That is not the correct model. Dive-n-Dog site: http://divendog.com/Product.aspx?item=285&u=0

          As far the the sub, yes.... yes it is.

          I found a set of brackets online that are made for that particular tube sub and mounted it up off the floor to allow the Admiral a place to rest her tootsies. It is a perfect fit and sounds great!

          Comment


            #6
            I thought the size is S-4-thru with the 4" hose fitting?

            Comment


              #7
              Let me do some checking before you buy. It has been a couple of years since the purchase.

              Good catch vtx531. This is the one for the 175: http://divendog.com/Product.aspx?item=285&u=0

              Previous post has been edited.

              A few sites that carry the right one...

              http://www.monstermarketplace.com/ma...-4-duct-flange

              http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-2...-4in-thru.aspx

              http://www.yachtsupplydepot.com/hard...rod_61682.html ***19.99 ea.*** A lot less than what I paid.

              http://www.suremarineservice.com/vent-s-4-thru.aspx

              Comment


                #8
                Capman wrote:
                The full dive-n-dog vents with the flange (thru-hull) are an exact match. They used the existing screws and holes. A very easy mod.

                I also added stainless cupholders. They took a bit more work as they were a little larger. Nothing a dremel couldn't handle though.
                for under $10, not sure why the covers wouldn't work by themselves. If the flange on the existing piece is in good condition still, the cover should be good enough, shouldn't it?

                Comment


                  #9
                  maxximus wrote:
                  for under $10, not sure why the covers wouldn't work by themselves. If the flange on the existing piece is in good condition still, the cover should be good enough, shouldn't it?
                  The existing vents are identical to the ones on the Dive-n-dog site as far as dimensions as well as mounting holes. The only difference is that the flange is a bit longer. Also, the OEM vents are one piece. The flange is not removable. I don't think it would be a visually pleasing fit to install the flangeless SS cover on top of the exisiting flanged cover. After weighing all options, I chose the full replacements.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think i remember reading about people replacing the horn cover with a S/S item too?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yeah, where is the stainless horn from?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm about to undertake a similar project on my 185. I ordered it with the SS package, but contrary to what the Bayliner.com site said, the grab handles and thru-hull fittings are still plastic.

                        I'm also planning to do the horn, looks like the SS horn in the Overtons catalog is identical to the plastic one on my boat.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          jhenkel wrote:
                          I'm about to undertake a similar project on my 185. I ordered it with the SS package, but contrary to what the Bayliner.com site said, the grab handles and thru-hull fittings are still plastic.

                          I'm also planning to do the horn, looks like the SS horn in the Overtons catalog is identical to the plastic one on my boat.
                          You may be right on that.

                          Link: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...5&merchID=4006

                          One of the reviewers stated that this was an exact replacement for his Bayliner 17.5. It would be nice to find just the cover.

                          The brand is Ongaro. Amazon has it a bit cheaper: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KOVYQU/...SIN=B000KOVYQU

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I gotta stop doing this!!

                            I ordered the horn. Found it at Fore and Aft Marine Supply for 31.55.

                            That removes all the plastic on the external port side with exception of the thru hull for the bilge pump. They had a Marpac 3/4" stainless for 12.56. Yup... I ordered that one also. The grab handles are going to have to wait, and I ain't doin the rub rail!

                            If you are interested...

                            http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/683-10050.htm

                            http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/7-0855.htm

                            Shipping is a bit high at 12.99 to Tennessee, but it was still cheaper than other places by at least $5. I did not query Ebay. You might find them cheaper there.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              will one of these in 3/4" do for my 175 bilge thru hull:

                              http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50647

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X