New owner, new boat...-gctid375752

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner, new boat...-gctid375752

Hello everyone. Hoping someone up here knows about these new models.... Picked up my '12 180 OB on Thursday. Sales guy was nice, easy transaction, but he didn't seem to know much.... I'm hoping some up here can help...

The owners manual addendum - it seems to have been written for an early run, or another year altogether. Where is the bilge pump access, and where, exactly, does the gas tank lay under the floor? Was this boat supposed to come with a port side 12volt outlet, as shown in the manual, or not, as is my reality? The bilge drain plug - anyone find a source for one with an actual handle so one doesn't have to carry a pipe wrench with them?

(by new owner, I mean new Bayliner owner, not a new boat owner in general....)

Thanks!

Jeff

Welcome and congrats on the new boat.

i would take the boat back to the dealer and have someone that knows what they are talking about (not the salesman I guess) go through ALL of the systems with you. That should be the minimum they do for you, you did just buy a brand new boat from them.

Comment

Thanks. They are an hour away, and I'm not really in need of general familiarization as much as I am in need of accurate documentation. I have an e-mail into Bayliner, perhaps they have updated documentation. Or, as will likely happen, I'll simply start poking around on Saturday afternoon and find out the hard way I have vertigo, and any length of time spent in unusual positions will put me down for hours.

keithjabber wrote:

i would take the boat back to the dealer and have someone that knows what they are talking about (not the salesman I guess) go through ALL of the systems with you. That should be the minimum they do for you, you did just buy a brand new boat from them.

Comment

keithjabber wrote:

Gotta agree with this- wither take the boat to the dealer, or demand the dealer come to you for a proper delivery orientation. Part of their CSI score requires tem to go thru the boat with you.

As fat as the garboard plug, I just kept a proper sized combo wrench on the boat with several extra plugs.....yes I've lost a few over the years...

Comment

Gas tank is centered forward of the splash well. The bilge pump is back behind that, over a small lip. There is no splash well access port as documented by Bayliner, and both the battery and gas tank position are different from the 160/180 addendum.

Pretty simple boat, I discover, after poking my head in all the spaces I could fit it.

Comment

Working...
          X