Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Lettering on 2012 185?-gctid374078

Hello All:

My family now proudly owns a 2012 Bayliner 185 with a V6. We have finally chosen a name and hope to have it embroidered on the cover but also want to do lettering on the boat. My problem is that the transom area, above the platform doesn't seem to have any good spots for lettering for the name.

Does anyone out there own a late model 185 that may have a suggestion for where to apply the lettering? We don't need too much room - probably 4 inch letters - 8 characters long - so I am guessing less than 24 inches wide.

I assume you would never put it below the water line - but correct me if I am wrong. (You want people to see it on the lake - not just when trailering - right?)

Anyhow - thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks,

Scott

Welcome to BOC, and to the Bayliner community!

My guess would be above the water line, aft port and starboard, and just below the rub rail. If you have Bayliner decals already there...you might have to make a corporate decision!

Happy boating!
    Boating Supplies

Comment

We faced the same problem, and ultimately decided that we'll embroider our boat name into the snap-in carpet cover we're having made for the extended swim platform. Will post pics when it's done.

Comment

we've decided that this is going to be the best place for what we named ours.

letters will be 3" tall we will probably have that stretched about 30 - 36" in length

will be just above the swim platform and out of the water.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/677847=26822-name.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X