Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim guage power-gctid373934

I have an 09 185.

The trim guage only works when I have engine on.

Should it not work when key is off too?

If so, how do I get this to work?

I have an accessory switch.

Is it possible to hook it to this to get power?

Just helpful when at dock or in driveway.

Thanks.

No it shouldn't work when the key is off - that would drain the battery the whole time you have it parked. You should be able to just turn the key to the on position without starting the motor for the guage to come on.

Comment

Its just that the sound of that buzzer is Sooo loud when you turn the key to on!!!

Comment

Nutsofamily wrote:
        Its just that the sound of that buzzer is Sooo loud when you turn the key to on!!!
        Why do you need the guage when the boat is off anyways? The trim noise tells you if it is all the way up or down. Most BL runabouts don't have a guage at all

Comment

When in murker water I wanted to know how far it's down, ESP at lower tide.

That's all.

Comment

If you don't like the noise... Turn the kill switch (safety lanyard) to off and then turn the key to the on position. At least in my 2007 195, that's how I know the safety switch is off (no buzzer)

Comment

Johnny_Law wrote:
              If you don't like the noise... Turn the kill switch (safety lanyard) to off and then turn the key to the on position. At least in my 2007 195, that's how I know the safety switch is off (no buzzer)
              Thanks, I'll try that. Good idea.

Comment

Working...
              X