Cuddy Cabin heater-gctid373840

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuddy Cabin heater-gctid373840

Has anyone ever put a heater in there cuddy. with an i/o and on board fuel tank did not know about fumes never smell anything. i have a mr. heater, propane heater uses small green bottles.. thanks Craig

Those work fine, you shouldn't have any fumes if the propane is attached properly. If it's leaking, you'll smell it! Don't store propane below decks, only out in the open. That heater should also have a low-oxygen sensor that will shut it down.
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Also install your own sensor in case the one on the unit doesn't work. It will warn you. Its not the fumes I would worry about, its the lack of oxygen. Also I would leave a vent open a bit.

Doug
      Started boating 1955
      Number of boats owned 32
      Bayliners
      3870 presently owned
      Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

dmcb wrote:
        Also install your own sensor in case the one on the unit doesn't work. It will warn you. Its not the fumes I would worry about, its the lack of oxygen. Also I would leave a vent open a bit.

Doug
        I used to use a coleman stove to heat the back of my VW van on campouts and overnights. It worked fine but I was always careful to open a vent high and low across from each other ventilate naturally. There weren't any auto shut offs then and I wouldn't trust the one on the heater itself either if I was going to be sleeping nowdays. I would imagine that your second biggest concern would be finding a place to set it where it won't accidentally get in contact with flammables :sorrow:and catch the boat on fire.

Comment

Working...
        X