1987 15ft bass striker livewell fill/drain ?-gctid373805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 15ft bass striker livewell fill/drain ?-gctid373805

Hello, just bought an 87 bass striker and it has a thru hull intake of sorts that fills/drains the front livewell. The piece on the exterior of the hull is broken off and I dont know what its called or where I can find a replacement....any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Post some pictures of what the issue is...BassPro,Cabela's,West Marine or Overtons might have what your looking for!

Comment

I will try to take pic tomorrow and post...not much to see though...it is a hole on the right front that has 3 screws around it with a little plastic around them...looks as though it was originally a triangular shape....thanks

Comment

I think there is supposed to be a strainer or flap or something here

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/677542=26805-boat hole.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/677542=26804-boat hole2.jpg[/img]

Comment

It's called a thru hole bulkhead fitting.

Comment

Ive seen plenty of thru-hull fittings but cant seem to find one that is triangular shaped and mounts with 3 screws...any idea where to find this?

Comment

I say if you can't find a triangled one, recondition the existing hole with gel coat filler and make the hole stronger and get a newer style one. Fit new one on and 5200 seal the crap out of it real good. The mounting holes go all the way thru the hull?

Comment

They do...I just put a 3/4" thru-hull from academy sports in it and sealed around it and the 3 bolt holes...wasnt really that important to seal anyway because it all goes straight through into the livewell. It just fills with water when you are sitting and drains out when you load it on the trailer. thanks for the advice !!

Comment

Working...
                X