Solas Prop-gctid373442

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solas Prop-gctid373442

The worst part of last weekend boating, was the low water levels on the WinterHaven Fl chain of lakes,,,going thru the canals boogered up my 3 blade prop.

So when I got home...went to the Overton's web site, expecting to get soaked on the price of a new prop...HAPPY DAYS.... Overtons had 4 Bladed Solas props on sale...12.5x19 $118 plus tax..FREE SHIPPING...total bill came out to $128+change. 2 years ago I bought a CompProp 19p 4 blade..performed superbly..only bad part is I hit a small piece of wood and it did what it was supposed to do...took a 2"x1" piece out of one blade. CompProp's cannot be repaired...Looking foward to next weekend or after get it on the water with the new prop!!!!!!

Dave,

There is a composition prop that can be repaired by replacing blades... it is made by Piranha Propellers. I ran one for several years, both on my older 2050ls and my current 235. In our shallow waterways, it was nice knowing if something happened, I could always just replace the blades and be back in business. I now use it for my spare. I have a friend that moved up to a high performance boat (running a Merc racing lower unit)and he gave me a "High 5" SS prop... it made my 235 perform like a completely different boat. Much better hole shot, lower planing speeds and great bite when cornering.

There is a place for composition props.. Piranha can be found here. http://www.piranhapropellers.com/

Comment

I like the Solas Amita. Used them on my Bayliner/Volvo. Always do well in testing. Hustler Marine on Ebay always has good prices...and I live 1/2 mile away from their retail location, lol.

Comment

tbear wrote:
        I like the Solas Amita. Used them on my Bayliner/Volvo. Always do well in testing. Hustler Marine on Ebay always has good prices...and I live 1/2 mile away from their retail location, lol.
        Thats what I got..The Amita 4...last time I looked at them ..they were around $150

Comment

Working...
        X