Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to replace the ice chest on my 87 1700 Capri-gctid371294

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I need to replace the ice chest on my 87 1700 Capri-gctid371294

    Has anyone modified the opening to accept a standard cooler or a storage box?

    The replacement was around $175 the last time I priced them and it isn't made very well. My lip has been cracked for 10+ years and it finally came off. I've always used it for storage.

    I can attach a photo if needed.

    #2
    [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/675469=26569-2012-04-17 13.00.25.jpg[/img]Here is the photo.

    Comment


      #3
      I have the same problem. I duct taped the lip :thumb . But I'd like to replace it.

      Keep the thread updated if you find something.

      Comment


        #4
        They occasionaly come up on ebay. got one two years ago for about $35 and I thought that was enough. Mine was missing when I bought the boat. Didn't know there was supposed to be one until I bought a Bayliner brochure and thumbing through it they showed the cooler tray(as I will call it) The only thing I don't know is if there is something that connects to it, like a drain tube or a on/off valve. If your's has something like that could you post a picture of it. Right now I only use it for storage as water would drain out as the ice would melt with nothing to plug it and I don't like to have water in the bottom.

        Was this available at a Bayliner dealer that it was $175.00?

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, I priced it at a dealer a couple of years ago. What did you search for on ebay?

          It does have a short drain tube.

          Comment


            #6
            SCHAAKDAD wrote:
            They occasionaly come up on ebay. got one two years ago for about $35 and I thought that was enough. Mine was missing when I bought the boat. Didn't know there was supposed to be one until I bought a Bayliner brochure and thumbing through it they showed the cooler tray(as I will call it) The only thing I don't know is if there is something that connects to it, like a drain tube or a on/off valve. If your's has something like that could you post a picture of it. Right now I only use it for storage as water would drain out as the ice would melt with nothing to plug it and I don't like to have water in the bottom.Was this available at a Bayliner dealer that it was $175.00?
            Mine has a tube, i'm assuming going to the bilge and pumped out with the pump.Here's some pics ...

            http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]

            http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]

            Comment


              #7
              Supercaliber wrote:
              Mine has a tube, i'm assuming going to the bilge and pumped out with the pump.Here's some pics ...

              http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]

              http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]
              Please attach photos of the moterwell cover with it lying on a couple of yard sticks or tape measures. Kim Ritz will make me one, but she doesn't have a pattern,Thanks.

              Comment


                #8
                kvjimbo wrote:
                Yes, I priced it at a dealer a couple of years ago. What did you search for on ebay?

                It does have a short drain tube.
                My ebay search usually involves Bayliner Capri. You will sift through a lot of pages. I look occasionally go through them all as I am still in search of the round letter B applique/decal thingy that goes on the glass trim on both sides of the boat.

                Comment


                  #9
                  SCHAAKDAD wrote:
                  My ebay search usually involves Bayliner Capri. You will sift through a lot of pages. I look occasionally go through them all as I am still in search of the round letter B applique/decal thingy that goes on the glass trim on both sides of the boat.
                  Thanks.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Supercaliber wrote:
                    Mine has a tube, i'm assuming going to the bilge and pumped out with the pump.Here's some pics ...

                    http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]

                    http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]
                    The end of the tube is supposed to be pointed toward the bilge pump.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have a short crack in mine. I was thinking about doing a fiberglass repair to the plastic tub. Not sure if it would melt the plastic. I will have to try on a test spot first. If it works it would really help with the strength of the lip.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I may try welding it with a plastic welder.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Plastic welding might work if the plastic is thick enough. Mine also wasn't supported accross the back of the tub which is what caused some of my cracking. I am going to add a support to help solve the problem.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            A Utility Hatch Liner is an option.

                            The 13x17 liner should fit.

                            http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boati...3Bcat104378580

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X