Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, just purchased 1986 Capri 17ft Cuddy Cabin-gctid369266

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello, just purchased 1986 Capri 17ft Cuddy Cabin-gctid369266

    Hello, I just purchased 1986 Capri 17ft Cuddy Cabin with a Force 85hp outboard.I had a couple of questions:Best place for information on the boat, owner manuals, service manuals, etc.Anyone have experience with this motor? Currently the warning sound comes on when it's started, but shuts off once you get going. Also comes on when you idle for a while. Previous owner suggested having the thermometer replaced. Someone else suggest running Seaform through it. Any experience?The cuddy cusions are good but could use a cover, any suggestions?Any other cool suggestion to due with the cuddy? I like it a lot, just curious if anyone has done anything custom with theirs.Here's some pics:

    [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/672658=26216-2012-04-04_18-45-03_445.jpg[/img]

    [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/672658=26217-2012-04-06_11-11-32_13.jpg[/img]Thanks.

    #2
    Cool boat! I just bought the 1988 19' model, with the 3.0 i/o. Your dash area looks identical to mine. I am a newbie so my knowledge is limited.

    For the owners manual and identification, send the HIN to Bayliner customer service, and they will send along the information. If you have broken plastic pieces to your top, you can get them cheap here

    http://www.perfectfit.com/15312/Nylo...-Fittings.html

    I'm working on a heater/defroster for mine. Other than that, I haven't got into any mods yet.

    I do have a question. Is that the original camper top? If it is, how do you get it to fold like that? Thanks.

    Comment


      #3
      I should add, if it is an overheating problem than mabe a new impeller would be required, I don't know if the outboards have thermostats. If they do you could change that as well.

      Comment


        #4
        wcasey5 wrote:
        I do have a question. Is that the original camper top? If it is, how do you get it to fold like that? Thanks.
        I'm not sure if it's the original, the owner I bought it from owned it since 2005. He did have the side pieces made, the clear ones where foggy. Here's a pic with it up.

        http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

        Comment


          #5
          Awesome! That is it exactly. Just got to figure out how to fold it up like that.

          Very nice boat.

          Comment


            #6
            wcasey5 wrote:
            Awesome! That is it exactly. Just got to figure out how to fold it up like that.

            Very nice boat.
            After removing the side panels and rear panel, I just unsnapped it from the glass, folded up the front support to the rear support, folding the material in between in half, then I took the front material that snapped to the glass and pulled it under the supports, wrapped the driver side around a couple times, then rinse and repeat on the other side. Also, after I did one side I zipped the cover around it.

            Comment


              #7
              Welcome aboard !
              Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

              1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

              '86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

              Manalapan N.J

              Comment


                #8
                Supercaliber wrote:
                Hello, I just purchased 1986 Capri 17ft Cuddy Cabin with a Force 85hp outboard.I had a couple of questions:Best place for information on the boat, owner manuals, service manuals, etc.Anyone have experience with this motor? Currently the warning sound comes on when it's started, but shuts off once you get going. Also comes on when you idle for a while. Previous owner suggested having the thermometer replaced. Someone else suggest running Seaform through it. Any experience?The cuddy cusions are good but could use a cover, any suggestions?Any other cool suggestion to due with the cuddy? I like it a lot, just curious if anyone has done anything custom with theirs.Here's some pics:

                http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

                http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]Thanks.
                I use seafoam in all my toys try it.. but i would check the impeller if it is running hot or doesn't cirulate water well use the water ears and do it in the driveway. hate to have problems on the water...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Take the time and install a new water pump impellor, find a plastic 55 gallon drum, cut it in half, and use that as your portable lake! Dont forget a small drain hole. Anything you can do at home,will payoff in SPADES, when you finally get it on the water!

                  Nice boat by the way....I have a 2000 1802 Capri Cuddy with a 90 Merc.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Nice looking ride.

                    I would replace the pump/plugs/therm/drive oil/and the small parts that can mean trouble on the water.

                    Welcome to the board ! :arr

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Welcome, That looks like a tidy boat.

                      I would tend to look at the impella as others have said, the alarm if sounding at start up or low RPM suggests water pressure or oil pressure not Temp as it wouldn't have had time to warm up at start up.

                      Do as suggested and run with Muffs (hose connected to ear muff like things you use to clean out your motor after use in Salt water) in your drive, the water stream from the tell-tail on the outboard should be strong and start right away, if not it's you impella.

                      Might be worth doing anyway as someone else suggested then you will know where you stand.

                      Have fun..

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X