Need help removing side panels.-gctid361726

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help removing side panels.-gctid361726

I apologize in advance if this is a topic that has already been discussed but I could not find any posts related to my question. I just purchased a 1988 1700 Capri bowrider in wich the interior is pretty worn but I was looking on how to remove the vinyl side panels so I could reupholster them. If anyone has any information or tips on this, that would greatly help me. Thanks.

Welcome aboard !

See any "buttons " on the side panels ?

The top pops off and there should be a screw head. Along the top the screws go into a strip of wood mounted to the hull under the gunnel. The bottom into a strip of wood mounted to the hull.

In the middle there may be a flat piece of wood from gunnel to deck, or the piece maybe further forward, 1/3 aft of the windshield. All covered in foam and vinyl.

There's maybe a shelf. To remove that you have to look to see where it screws into a piece of wood mounted to the hull.

Save the wood and make fresh ones using them as templates.
    Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Look in the folds. You'll find a 'cut' and behind that is a philips head screw.

Vic

Ft Myers
      Vic Stewart SN
      Past Commander
      Cape Fear Power Squadron
      Ft Myers Power Squadron
      1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
      Raw water cooled

Comment

Yep in the folds also.
        Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

I do see the screws now, thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X