Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Bayliner 288 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp 2005 The rare electronic injection diesel-gctid762335

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bayliner 288 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp 2005 The rare electronic injection diesel-gctid762335

Boat: Bayliner Flybridge 288

Year: 2005

Size: 30ft

Hull: GRP

Engine Mercruiser 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp

Leg: Bravo 3 twin prop 21" pitch

Fuel Tank Size: 370litres (yes its smaller than the petrols) 420 liters, i visually checked the stamp on it!

Minimum Plane speed: With a clean hull she lifts out at approx 14-15 knots

Cruise: 18 knots

Top Speed 29 knots

Well now that i have purchased my 2005 Bayliner 288 here in the UK, with the rare Mercruiser 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp engine. I thought i would do a review and also an extensive write up for information on it with this engine. I had a horrible time finding any decent information when researching the boat prior to purchase, so hope I can help out my fellow man by plugging all the information gaps that I came across.

Basic information such as fuel consumption, fuel tank size, cruising speed, top speed were all like rocking horse poo! Its going to take a while to write this all, but i will include photos and as much spec information as i can

My initial purchase of the boat was from a place called Androssan in West Scotland, UK, i had the rather ambitious task of getting her home 370 miles to Swansea in South Wales UK over a planned trip of 3 days.

Lots of pics, video to come

Welcome to the forum,very interesting, yes give us all the specs, is that a BMW bock?
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Do you still have the boat, I have the same set up. I had a question for you.
      Brett & Elise, Sammy + Wilson
      New Addition - 2002 Trophy 2002WA FF Optimax 135
      GO HAWKS!

Comment

If you asking Fritz, answer is yes too much invested probably hard to find a replacement at reasonable price, think Nordic Tug @ 250,000,00
        Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
        96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Italian VM Motori block with Bosch electronically controlled fuel pump
          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
          Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
          93 3058 sold
          92 2855 (day boat)
          91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
          Longbranch WA
          Life is Good

Comment

Working...
          X