Where did the edit button go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the edit button go?

Went to edit one of my past threads (add/repair pics) and the edit button has vanished, Did I break it?
    EDIT: Looks like the edit button shows up on this thread but not any of the older ones.
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
    (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
    The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

The edit button only workes for two hours

After that, it’s like saying something in a conversation, can’t take it back

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

So how do I restore pics to one of my running threads I was able to do it a few days ago w the transom repair.
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
      (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
      The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I want to edit the price on my add in the "Boats for sale" section. Anyone knows how to do that?
        NILE
        1989 3288MY 305's US Marine
        Fort Lauderdale Florida

Comment

Originally posted by nile View Post
          I want to edit the price on my add in the "Boats for sale" section. Anyone knows how to do that?
          Please PM me and I’ll take care of it.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

I understand why the edit feature should have an expiration time. Many members have mis-used it in the past.
            Example: If they were called out of something (corrected) they would go back and change their verbiage, or even delete their post.
            I have seen this more than once.

I have posted only to later find that I needed to make a correction, or add something or add another photo.

Would it be possible to leave the editing ability active until a following post has been made?

Just a thought!

By the way..... would someone please remove the HTML code [CENTER] that shows up in my signature?
            Apparently I am not able to edit my signature.

[CENTER] Rick E. Portland, Oregon
            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
            Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Originally posted by 2850Bounty View Post
              I understand why the edit feature should have an expiration time. Many members have mis-used it in the past.
              Example: If they were called out of something (corrected) they would go back and change their verbiage, or even delete their post.
              I have seen this more than once.

I have posted only to later find that I needed to make a correction, or add something or add another photo.

Would it be possible to leave the editing ability active until a following post has been made?

Just a thought!

By the way..... would someone please remove the HTML code [CENTER] that shows up in my signature?
              Apparently I am not able to edit my signature.

I am happy to remove that, but of course you can edit your signature

It’s just a challenge to find the first time

I think it’s under “account” about half way down the page.

The edit post function expires after 2 hours, and the software only limits it to time.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Working...
              X