This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canoel View Post
    There are aspects of the new layout that I really like.
    One question though. When on the "latest activity", is there any way to show a flag of posts we have replied to? The old software had the flag so you could quickly scroll down and see which posts we have replied to. And it would also say last post by "blank". For me this is the biggest gripe. Having to click on a post, go to the second page to see if anyone has replied after you, only to find that you are the last post.
    I just tried to fiddle with the latest posts area.
    The choices are limited.

What I found is that if a topic is in bold then there are unread posts.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

As someone that tries to help other members as much as I can, and having a limited amount of time to do so, this poses a problem.
      It was nice to quickly scroll down, see a flag that meant I had replied, see that I was the last poster, or someone else has posted or provided more info. Having someway to identify the posts we have replied to, is of high importance in my opinion. The last post by" ", is also very important.
      I am really loving almost all aspects of the new software, but after going back to the old site, it was much faster and less clunky, especially for those of us that reply often.
      I know you guys are probably overwhelmed with issues right now, and we truly do appreciate all your hard work!
      Joel
      1987 3818 Hino 175
      "Knotty Girl"
      Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

As someone that tries to help other members as much as I can, and having a limited amount of time to do so, this poses a problem.
        It was nice to quickly scroll down, see a flag that meant I had replied, see that I was the last poster, or someone else has posted or provided more info. Having someway to identify the posts we have replied to, is of high importance in my opinion. The last post by" ", is also very important.
        I am really loving almost all aspects of the new software, but after going back to the old site, it was much faster and less clunky, especially for those of us that reply often.
        I know you guys are probably overwhelmed with issues right now, and we truly do appreciate all your hard work!
        I really like that idea, and have submitted a ticket to Vbulletin to see if that is possible.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY
        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Thanks Kevin!
          In the meantime if you subscribe to the post you can select my subscriptions and view them like that. Not quite as easy, but it works.
          One other thing. When opening a thread we have already viewed or especially one that we have replied to, is there a way to go straight to the last page? This was an issue with the last software conversion as well, and it was resolved.
          Joel
          1987 3818 Hino 175
          "Knotty Girl"
          Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by boatworkfl View Post
            AS we get older we dislike change, but life and things move on and so must we, I cannot say I like it, especially this new system, I visit other sites that have V but I am not fond of the system.
            It was easy when we could look at all posts as they came in and not worry about the classification to search through,
            Maybe I missed something, but it is what it is. Just like the "BORG" on Star trek "We will adapt!
            The BORG comparison is any interesting insight into the change over but I think it isn't adapt but rather simulate. LOL. Just for fun!

The Borg are a vast collection of "drones", or cybernetic organisms (that's the BOC membership) linked in a hive mind called "the Collective", or "the Hive" (that's the BOC Forum). The Borg annex the technology (that's the Vbulletin software) and knowledge of other alien species (that's the other boating forums) the Collective via a process of "assimilation": forcibly transforming individual beings into drones by violently injecting microscopic machines, or nanoprobes, into their bodies and surgically augmenting them with cybernetic components. The Borg's (that's the BOC Admins) ultimate goal is "achieving perfection"

LOL - explains those headaches I've been having - it's those dam nanoprobes!

Comment

Thanks for all you guys do as ADMIN for BOC! I have advanced by leaps and bounds with my knowledge and abilities since joining. Once complete I'll own one sharp '90 2655 turning heads up and down the east coast. COULD NOT have, nor would I likely to have undertaken such an involved and complicated task without the tips, advice and encouragement from BOC and it's membership.
              Looking forward to posting a before and after album of the transformation by late summer'18, as it's going to be a major one . I remember pissin and moaning when Facebook changed formats way back when I thought it was the end of the world. Once I get used to it and the bugs get ironed out, I'll better understand and benefit from the change. And yep, the older I get the more resistant or welcoming I am to change but will roll (or flail) with them as I always do. Thanks again for a kick ass site!
              Dave
              Dave
              N.C. Boater, fresh and salt water. New to boating in 2009
              1990 Sunbridge 2655 "One Particular Harbour"
              5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1
              Past:
              1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
              Mariner 150
              Towing with:
              2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
              West of Hickory NC

Comment

Originally posted by HueyCrew View Post
                Thanks for all you guys do as ADMIN for BOC! I have advanced by leaps and bounds with my knowledge and abilities since joining. Once complete I'll own one sharp '90 2655 turning heads up and down the east coast. COULD NOT have, nor would I likely to have undertaken such an involved and complicated task without the tips, advice and encouragement from BOC and it's membership.
                Looking forward to posting a before and after album of the transformation by late summer'18, as it's going to be a major one . I remember pissin and moaning when Facebook changed formats way back when I thought it was the end of the world. Once I get used to it and the bugs get ironed out, I'll better understand and benefit from the change. And yep, the older I get the more resistant or welcoming I am to change but will roll (or flail) with them as I always do. Thanks again for a kick ass site!
                Dave
                One new feature is a photo album. Just go to your profile, select the media tab and upload your photos

KEVIN SANDERS
                4788 LISAS WAY
                SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

The best news is that BOC lives and is now secure. Granted, it has taken a little to get used to, but IMO, the new software is very smart move. Thank you for all your work.
                  "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
                  MMSI: 367637220
                  HAM: KE7TTR
                  TDI tech diver
                  BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
                  Kevin

Comment

I would like to know if there is a way to not see the all things political section on the forum? A way to possibly block it?
                    Joel
                    1987 3818 Hino 175
                    "Knotty Girl"
                    Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

I would like to know if there is a way to not see the all things political section on the forum? A way to possibly block it?
                      I would think there would be a way to honor your request but no one needs to go there who does not want to.
                      Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                      West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                      www.wrycc.com

Comment

Hugh thank you to all of our BOC volunteers!!! And, a hugh thank you to all our members!!! There might be a glitch from time to time but overall BOC is a terrific community and I am very happy to be a part!
                        2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                        12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                        MV Kia Orana
                        Currently Alameda CA

Comment

The “All Things Political” forum’s posts do not show up on the side bar for recent posts.

The forum is at the very bottom of the page.

If anybody doesn want to join in or view those conversations, then I would say to just not click on the forum.

KEVIN SANDERS
                          4788 LISAS WAY
                          SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I use, and always have used the latest activity tab so I can see all the boating related topics. It was such a nice relief when the political section was gone, and now its back.
                            Joel
                            1987 3818 Hino 175
                            "Knotty Girl"
                            Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Question I went to the OLD forum to see if I could retrieve some pictures from the gas tank R&R but no pictures, is there a way to transfer them over( please be kind I am OLD the computer is an alien thing.)
                              Old Glue

Comment

I use, and always have used the latest activity tab so I can see all the boating related topics. It was such a nice relief when the political section was gone, and now its back.
                                The latest topics tab on the right of the main screen intentionally does not list the posts from the political section.

KEVIN SANDERS
                                4788 LISAS WAY
                                SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Working...
                                X