Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all good things take time, but one question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all good things take time, but one question...

we WILL get used to it :-)
    Ive been a member of many forums since the inception of them on personal computers... and I know changes are tough, some of us have had to put up with some pretty lengthy transitions, but its all very well worth it in the long run, and sometimes absolutely necessary...

so thank you for the upgrade...

my question is, does the "new topics" forum show ALL the new content/threads for ALL the forums on the BOC site?

if you dont quite understand the question, let me explain...
    an ATV forum I use has all the new site content (except PM's) displayed in a single "read only" forum... if someone clicks "reply to thread" within that read only forum, the link takes them to the original thread in the forum it was posted in...
    no one can post a new thread directly to the read only forum, but they have to post questions in the most relevant titled forum of their choice, OR in the "ask all riders" forum. it will then show in that forum as well as in the read only "all threads" forum..

this prevents too much clutter on a single thread, keeps all the content better separated into its proper forum, and still allows one to scan EVERYTHING from a single opening "home" page.. and if they dont like "all threads" because its got too much contet to shuffel thru that doesnt interest them, then they can set the forum of their choice as the home page on their computer for this site....

is this how this new format supposed to work?

NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Right now Its probably unknown how things are supposed to work. Looks like most of the recent stuff is missing, my guess is the BOC dudes are working on just about everything trying to tune up the new format.
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
    (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
    The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Originally posted by Centerline2 View Post
      we WILL get used to it :-)
      Ive been a member of many forums since the inception of them on personal computers... and I know changes are tough, some of us have had to put up with some pretty lengthy transitions, but its all very well worth it in the long run, and sometimes absolutely necessary...

so thank you for the upgrade...

my question is, does the "new topics" forum show ALL the new content/threads for ALL the forums on the BOC site?

if you dont quite understand the question, let me explain...
      an ATV forum I use has all the new site content (except PM's) displayed in a single "read only" forum... if someone clicks "reply to thread" within that read only forum, the link takes them to the original thread in the forum it was posted in...
      no one can post a new thread directly to the read only forum, but they have to post questions in the most relevant titled forum of their choice, OR in the "ask all riders" forum. it will then show in that forum as well as in the read only "all threads" forum..

this prevents too much clutter on a single thread, keeps all the content better separated into its proper forum, and still allows one to scan EVERYTHING from a single opening "home" page.. and if they dont like "all threads" because its got too much contet to shuffel thru that doesnt interest them, then they can set the forum of their choice as the home page on their computer for this site....

is this how this new format supposed to work?

On the main page the latest topics is set up to be the last 20 topics that were replied to.

There is another place that I like. Near the top of the main screen is a recent topics tab.
      That appears to be topics with unread (by you) posts.

This is all new to us too!

The end result will be great, but transitions are never easy.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Working...
      X