Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new format?.. what happened to some of the content I contributed to some of the threads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    new format?.. what happened to some of the content I contributed to some of the threads?

    I got to my computer tonight to see what new was on the site, and I couldnt sign in... it said I entered the wrong username or password... I did not. so I clicked on "forgot password" and went thru the motions to reset my password... I set it to the same as it was before, THEN it worked and I was able to log in...

    after getting logged in, I see a new format and then notice some of my content missing from some of the threads I posted in. the content was in no way offensive, negative or personalized... nothing that should have been deleted, yet its not there... what happend to it, and how many others lost some of their contributions to threads?


    NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

    1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

    #2
    Thaks for the support! As you noticed we have transitioned to a new software package. The conversion from the old software went pretty well, but is not perfect. There is a time gap of about a week where recent posts did not get converted, and there are a few old topics that had errors and did not get converted.

    Thanks again for your support, and rest assured that we will not have to go through this challenging process again.

    KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ksanders View Post
      Thaks for the support! As you noticed we have transitioned to a new software package. The conversion from the old software went pretty well, but is not perfect. There is a time gap of about a week where recent posts did not get converted, and there are a few old topics that had errors and did not get converted.

      Thanks again for your support, and rest assured that we will not have to go through this challenging process again.
      Many links in topics arent showing or just goes back to start page of Forum, very many good pics and links are missing.

      Even own started topics arent there anymore or where have they moved???? Annoying!

      Hope you can get this to work...
      New owner of a 3270, 2xHino 135

      Comment


        #4
        So, avatars didn't make the switch, but I was tired of that old fat dude in mine anyway. How about PMs?
        Jeff & Tara
        (And Ginger too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ
        sigpic
        2000 Bayliner 2858
        "GETAWAY"
        MMSI: 338094599
        In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

        Comment


          #5
          That's funny Jeff.
          "Martini's Law"
          1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
          Nova Scotia, Canada

          Comment


            #6
            Besides the missing content this new format looks like forum by Fisher Price. Sorry but the look and feel is awful. Hope you get it worked out soon.
            Future 4788 Owner
            Charleston, S.C.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
              So, avatars didn't make the switch, but I was tired of that old fat dude in mine anyway. How about PMs?
              Yea, that was funny! I thought about posting a photo of myself, and kept thining about it.

              Haven’t looked for the PM’s. I think they are in the notifications box at the very top.


              KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 LISAS WAY
              SEWARD, ALASKA

              Comment


                #8
                So far pretty hard to navigate and find things. The old verson was very simple and easy to navigate. Hope this gets figured out. Where can you find your own topics??
                Doug
                1995 496cu in. 2859 Bravo ll
                The Doghouse
                Prince George BC

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by sketch96 View Post
                  So far pretty hard to navigate and find things. The old verson was very simple and easy to navigate. Hope this gets figured out. Where can you find your own topics??
                  Top right of the screen, to the right of the forum image/logo is a search box. Use the down arrow, and choose advanced options. There is a field for user. Easy peasy.

                  You guys will figure out this software really quick. Folks that frequent other forums will recognize the interface as Vbulletin is the most popular forum software in the english speaking countries.

                  KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY
                  SEWARD, ALASKA

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Here we go again. My favorites are where?? My topics are hiding too?? Tech section etc.
                    Dave
                    Edmonds, WA
                    "THE FIX"
                    '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
                    (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
                    The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                    Misc. projects thread
                    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by ksanders View Post

                      Top right of the screen, to the right of the forum image/logo is a search box. Use the down arrow, and choose advanced options. There is a field for user. Easy peasy.

                      You guys will figure out this software really quick. Folks that frequent other forums will recognize the interface as Vbulletin is the most popular forum software in the english speaking countries.
                      The pull down menu next to the user name at the top right corner:
                      can we get favorites added in there also? I've probably got 2-3 pages of favorited threads that I reference but can't seem to locate them, also where did our kick ass emoticons go these ones are lame haha
                      Dave
                      Edmonds, WA
                      "THE FIX"
                      '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
                      (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
                      The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                      Misc. projects thread
                      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It changed my member name from RobMick to rmmick.....? Cannot find RobMick as a member..lost all my "seniority" too....

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I like it. I've always been a big fan of VBulletin. Big transition, but will be fine. Thanks!
                          Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

                          iBoatNW

                          1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by ksanders View Post

                            Yea, that was funny! I thought about posting a photo of myself, and kept thining about it.

                            Haven’t looked for the PM’s. I think they are in the notifications box at the very top.
                            I thought that too, but everything there starts with "boc admin" and then references different past threads. At least on the first of nine pages showing. Nothing in the in or out boxes either.
                            Jeff & Tara
                            (And Ginger too)
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ
                            sigpic
                            2000 Bayliner 2858
                            "GETAWAY"
                            MMSI: 338094599
                            In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

                            Comment


                              #15
                              This really frustrating - all the replies we received with dealing with our damaged 4788 seem to have been deleted.

                              And I can't find my favorited past posts anywhere - meaning that all the topics I had carefully bookmarked are gone.

                              Just what on earth is the purpose and benefit of this switch??!?

                              - Chris
                              Chris & Cherie - [URL="http://www.technomadia.com"]www.technomadia.com[/URL]
                              "Y-Not" - 1999 Bayliner 4788
                              "Zephyr" - 1961 GM PD4106 Vintage Bus RV Conversion

                              Full-Time nomads since 2006.
                              Now spending half of each year slowly doing the Great Loop in our 4788!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X