Tacoma Propeller - Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacoma Propeller - Tacoma

These guys are outstanding at what they do. I took my props, shafts and couplers to them for service. The boatyard said they were all shot and needed replacement, surprise surprise...

When they cleaned the items up, they did say that the props were badly damaged and can be either repaired or replaced. Repair would be about 1/2 the replacement cost so I opted for that which involved buildup of the props and then putting back the cup on so that they could be effective. They also blasted the couplers and built them up so that they didn't need replacement. Overall, the work was exceptionally well done, the parts looked brand new when I got them back. The work was affordable, and took less than a week, which is unheard of in marine service world.

If you need prop and shafts done in the South Sound, Tacoma Propeller is where you should go.

https://www.tacomapropeller.com/
    Ships n Giggles
    1993 Bayliner 4388
    MMSI# 367412710
    Day Island Yacht Club
    Commodore

I don’t understand why they would need to build up the couplers. Square up the coupling surface so is a flat 90 degrees to the shaft all the way around, but build up?
    It’s good to hear of good shops. I went through the same exercise last year with the PropShop in Mukilteo except my props were beyond repair. I received similar service and came add them to the list of great service providers.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

• Shipsngiggles
      Shipsngiggles commented
      Editing a comment
      The waterlift mufflers on the boat were leaking and the starboard ones leaked right on top of the couplers. So they were rusted up fairly badly. They needed to be built up so they can turn them properly.

I found a small crack in the forward prop of my Bravo 3 this Spring. I was told by the Prop Shop it was unrepairable (I sent a pic), and to replace it with new would mean buying a new set of two props, since Mercruiser phased out the 3 + 3 blade combo, and went to a 4 + 3. I looked on the web for a shop that advertised being able to repair stainless steel props, and sent them a pic of the crack.The quoted me a complete repair and refurbishment for $145 plus $15 for return shipping. Two weeks later I had my prop back, and it looked new. I wonder why Mukilteo declined to do it. A new set would have been about $1500.
    Jeff Prime
    "Optimystic Prime"
    2000 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Sunbridge
    Anacortes, WA

Comment

Working...
    X