Maxim 17 foot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxim 17 foot

I see no other topics in here but anyone know much about the 1989 17 foot maxum bow riders? Mine has an out board so I believe it's a sr model, a fellow from another forum ran the hin and not alot of information wondering if anyone would have any ideas who to contact to decipher the serial number to find out more about this boat what it was equipped with and such from factory

VIN's are easy to decipher, but it is unlike a car in that it will not tell you trim level, or delivered equipment. That far back, it may not provide much useful information other than possibly factory built, line number, etc. Post the VIN. I am sure someone will have some information for you.
    Mocoondo
    2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
    Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
    MMSI: 338091755

Comment

You might try Maxum Owners Club!
      There are a lot of knowledge There!
      Don
      1995 Maxum 2400 SCR LUNA DE MIEL
      1988 Bayliner 2455 (sold)
      1976 Tahiti 16.5 I/O (sold)
      10 ft livingston (lost in fire )
      1987 18ft. Seaswirl cuddy (lost in fire)
      "Is it better to be on a boat thinking about God, or be in church thinking about boating?"

Comment

• Nauti_Mike
        Nauti_Mike commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that’s the other forum he is refering too. Shrew gave him what he could on the HIN but as stated older boat numbers contained little details.

Mike is correct shrew did what he could find, wondering at any other angles finding any info out. I did email bayliner too this morning so see what if anything can be found

Comment

Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post
        VIN's are easy to decipher, but it is unlike a car in that it will not tell you trim level, or delivered equipment. That far back, it may not provide much useful information other than possibly factory built, line number, etc. Post the VIN. I am sure someone will have some information for you.
        All shrew from the other forum was just some basic manufacture plant info and year of being built in a nut shell

Comment

SR came with a 3.0 inboard engine,
          you have a Maxim 1700 XR, originally came with a Force 85 Outboard.
          what do you need to know?
          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
          Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
          93 3058 sold
          92 2855 (day boat)
          91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
          Longbranch WA
          Life is Good

Comment

Back in 1989, MAxum was based on Bayliner hulls, parts, with slightly better fit and finish.

So much of the Maxum range were based on the same year Bayliner Capris.
            Matt Train
            BOC Site Team
            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Working...
            X