Heydey boat owners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksflyboy View Post
    We own a 2016 WT-1. Use to own a Malibu Waksetter 20MXZ. Was a great boat but 18 months ago got laid off and had to sell it. Worked a second job last summer and paid off wife’s student loans. Started looking again last fall and found Heyday. My wife would have been happy with a stern drive to wakeboard behind, I am the one who wanted a surf boat. Demo’d one in October last fall and surf wave looked good enough we took a chance and bought a leftover new 2016 with all options except the dash tablet for $35k out the door. We live on a sandpit in a boating community. The WT-1 is the perfect size for our lake and throws a nice surf wake. The center seat is great for forward visibility and the family loves the individual seats. Several Mastercraft owners have told us the surf wave looks good. It has great push and the boat is very nimble on the water. Definitely a bit odd looking, but nobody has a boat like ours. Think it will be a nice keeper.
    Ladies and gents, stop the presses and hold all phone calls, we have our first Heyday owner!

A very warm welcome to you. Thanks for coming by, and I hope you will participate in our forums more!
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I'll add since I didn't see it (could just be me) that forum participation and/or lack of participation certainly don't represent how a certain vessel and/or brand is doing.....

Comment

Hi all, I came across this forum online regarding Heyday and thought I should share a few thoughts. I own a 2017 WT2. My wife and I were originally looking at purchasing a used Axis A22 or A20. We visited the Sacramento Boat show and came across the Heyday booth. I will admit that it isn't the most attractive boat on the water, but that is in the eye of the beholder. To be honest, it was just plain raw. It didn't have gimmicks or tricks. It wasn't a show boat and didn't pretend to be. It had some features that we really liked. The layout on the WT2 is the most social layout on any boat in its class. Period. We go to the lake to be with our family and friends and this boat was built for that. My wife fell in love with the hot-tub seats and this thing throws a very nice wakesurf wave and wakeboard wake. It had a very good warranty and was powered by a PCM engine. We have had nothing but compliments whenever we take it to the lake. I am constantly stopped at the gas station by folks who ask me how much it cost, who makes it and so on. I catch people taking pictures of it while towing down the freeway, around town or at the marina. Anyone who has ridden in it loves it. I took delivery in June of 17' and have had 74 problem free hours on the motor. I have made a few changes to the boat such as stereo and ballast, but overall it is solid right out of the gate. My buddy who owns a Nautique 210 said it looks "gangster"

Anyway. That is just my opinion. I am not going to knock other boats since all boats have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the end of the day we are all here to have a great day on the water and this boat delivers. Happy boating all!

Comment

My take on Heydays are they are new, "raw" (to use your words), and purpose built. I am willing to forgive some stylistic quirks to have that kind of innovation on the market. I personally don't like them, but I do think the WT-Surf is a pretty good looking boat, so maybe it's a matter of proportions.

THey ARE eye catching, and I do hope their concept of easilly swapped graphics packages are migrated over to the rest of the Bayliner line for customization purposes.

Welcome to the group! Stick around...we need more Heyday'ers here!
          Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Working...
          X