Heydey boat owners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksflyboy View Post
    We own a 2016 WT-1. Use to own a Malibu Waksetter 20MXZ. Was a great boat but 18 months ago got laid off and had to sell it. Worked a second job last summer and paid off wife’s student loans. Started looking again last fall and found Heyday. My wife would have been happy with a stern drive to wakeboard behind, I am the one who wanted a surf boat. Demo’d one in October last fall and surf wave looked good enough we took a chance and bought a leftover new 2016 with all options except the dash tablet for $35k out the door. We live on a sandpit in a boating community. The WT-1 is the perfect size for our lake and throws a nice surf wake. The center seat is great for forward visibility and the family loves the individual seats. Several Mastercraft owners have told us the surf wave looks good. It has great push and the boat is very nimble on the water. Definitely a bit odd looking, but nobody has a boat like ours. Think it will be a nice keeper.
    Ladies and gents, stop the presses and hold all phone calls, we have our first Heyday owner!

A very warm welcome to you. Thanks for coming by, and I hope you will participate in our forums more!
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I'll add since I didn't see it (could just be me) that forum participation and/or lack of participation certainly don't represent how a certain vessel and/or brand is doing.....

Comment

Hi all, I came across this forum online regarding Heyday and thought I should share a few thoughts. I own a 2017 WT2. My wife and I were originally looking at purchasing a used Axis A22 or A20. We visited the Sacramento Boat show and came across the Heyday booth. I will admit that it isn't the most attractive boat on the water, but that is in the eye of the beholder. To be honest, it was just plain raw. It didn't have gimmicks or tricks. It wasn't a show boat and didn't pretend to be. It had some features that we really liked. The layout on the WT2 is the most social layout on any boat in its class. Period. We go to the lake to be with our family and friends and this boat was built for that. My wife fell in love with the hot-tub seats and this thing throws a very nice wakesurf wave and wakeboard wake. It had a very good warranty and was powered by a PCM engine. We have had nothing but compliments whenever we take it to the lake. I am constantly stopped at the gas station by folks who ask me how much it cost, who makes it and so on. I catch people taking pictures of it while towing down the freeway, around town or at the marina. Anyone who has ridden in it loves it. I took delivery in June of 17' and have had 74 problem free hours on the motor. I have made a few changes to the boat such as stereo and ballast, but overall it is solid right out of the gate. My buddy who owns a Nautique 210 said it looks "gangster"

Anyway. That is just my opinion. I am not going to knock other boats since all boats have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the end of the day we are all here to have a great day on the water and this boat delivers. Happy boating all!

Comment

My take on Heydays are they are new, "raw" (to use your words), and purpose built. I am willing to forgive some stylistic quirks to have that kind of innovation on the market. I personally don't like them, but I do think the WT-Surf is a pretty good looking boat, so maybe it's a matter of proportions.

THey ARE eye catching, and I do hope their concept of easilly swapped graphics packages are migrated over to the rest of the Bayliner line for customization purposes.

Welcome to the group! Stick around...we need more Heyday'ers here!
          Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I'm a fan of the WT1SC. If I end up seeing a good deal on one, I'll likely be an owner of one.

An 18 footer you can surf behind sounds like a LOT of fun.

The seating arrangement looks nice as well

I wish there were more WT1 owners on here sharing their experiences with the boat.

2016 75hp Element 160 w/ Smart Tabs & Sponson Drains

Comment

My son has a 2018 WT1 sc meaning side console. I have been in boat about 4 weekends now and can tell you this: For the money and warranty the boat tough to beat. Sure it’s not a 100 k dollar ski boat so let not pretend it is. The motor and pulling power are flawless. We surfed in January, of this year, sure it was cold in Northern California without a windshield but nothing that you can’t deal with. The wake is amazing. Rockville marine amp and speakers and it was ready to go. Personally I would remove the funky decals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonarman View Post
                My son has a 2018 WT1 sc meaning side console. I have been in boat about 4 weekends now and can tell you this: For the money and warranty the boat tough to beat. Sure it’s not a 100 k dollar ski boat so let not pretend it is. The motor and pulling power are flawless. We surfed in January, of this year, sure it was cold in Northern California without a windshield but nothing that you can’t deal with. The wake is amazing. Rockville marine amp and speakers and it was ready to go. Personally I would remove the funky decals.
                You should post some pics. The WT-1SC is the boat that I like as well!

Comment

Oh Lordy! Okay, I was impressed by those new Heyday boats. Spending 100k on any boat for the purpose of wakeboarding only means someone really likes wakeboarding. In the cool inland lakes of the Pacific Northwest here there are maybe (a total stretch) 20 good (or occasionally not good) weekends of wakeboard boating. If a guy buy's a 100k wakeboard boat and has it for five years and sells it for 50k, that's about 1k per weekend of depreciation, taking a big loss, and that cost doesn't include the gas and oil and storage, etc. So if Heydays can trim down that loss a good 500 bucks a weekend with comparable or at least very enjoyable performance on the water, seems like a good thing. I mean, think of the beer that buys! Heck a guy can even afford the good beer.

One last thing -- what should they call this new "progressive" wake boat?
                  How about a "woke" boat? Lol, but seems pretty woke

Welcome Heydayers!
                  It is when you give of yourself that you truly give - Kahlil Gilbran
                  2015 Bayliner 642 in Red, 4.3L MPI, Alpha 1 Gen II
                  Eagle Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffryder View Post
                    We don't have Bayliner cruisers anymore, just because Brunswick want all of you to buy a Sea Ray Sundancer.
                    $100,000 for a 30' cruiser? ... not even close!
                    a brand new Sundancer 320 will set you back $400,000
                    Cutwater seems to be killing it up here in the PNW with their outboard cruisers. They are 200k and up and towable.
                    Makes me wonder if Bayliner could have updated the 2858 and 2859 to outboards (and give choices other than Mercury) and sold them for around 200k.
                    Esteban
                    B-ham!
                    Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Feels odd that after over 2 years of production of these models, this may be the most posts I’ve seen about the brand.

I purchased a WT1 from a new dealer in June 2016. This was their first unit sold. I should have done more research however information was extremely scarce at the time. We did a demo with the boat and everything seemed well.
                      Took delivery of the boat and had problems the first outing- One ballast pump lost an impeller. Granted this was a small concern, but, nonetheless should have been an eye opener from the start.
                      After the first weekend out on the boat, I noticed a running water noise in the boat after letting the boat sit at the dock over night. Opened the hatch to find water standing in the hull. This led to an ongoing problem with bilge the bilge pulp and blower motor. Every time I would use attempt the bilge, it would blow a breaker and my bilge and blower motor would be inop until the breaker was tripped again. I dropped this machine off at least every week for about 5-6 weeks after purchase for repairs. On one occasion, the boat threw a check engine light after having water in the hull and was brought back again.we waited a number of weeks for the repairs to be completed. We were told that the reasoning was that they did not have the correct equipment to read and clear check engine lights.Understanding this was a new model and some things may take some time to repair, I stayed calm. I finally lost my temper one weekend out with friends and family when the boat threw a check engine light and all throttle response was lost and we had to be towed into the ramp. I called the dealer immediately and let him know the boat would be at his door Monday.
                      A few more weeks spent waiting and I received a boat back with a working bilge and blower motor. At this point, the season was essentially over and the boat was put in heated storage. I brought it out of storage and took it to the same dealer in January for winterizing as i needed the space in my shop and wanted to put the boat back in my boat shed for the remainder of winter.
                      I pulled it out and cleaned it up for its first outing in May and was excited to get back on the boat. After about 4 hours of riding, we were once again left looking for a tow into the ramp with a boat that would mechanically stall anytime it was put in forward or reverse. We brought it back to the same dealer and about a week later I received a call saying that the v-drive was locked up and it was full of water and that it was a non warranty repair due to water. I immediately brought up the point that this boat had been in multiple times for bilge issues and there was no way I’d be paying for the repairs out of pocket. I was told to contact my insurance company and have them cover the repairs. After a lengthy conversations with my insurance provider, they told me point blank that this was not an insurance repair and near an insurance fraud case If followed through. I went back to the dealer and brought up all of the previous issues with bilge and was told they had no record of multiple repairs or attempts to repair, only the one visit where they replaced a wiring harness and breaker to repair the bilge and blower. I spent the next few months back and fourth with heyday in Tennessee and spoke with many people, one of which finally told me he would make calls and see where we were. About a week later, I received a call from the dealer saying the boat was ready and had been water tested. No bill was mentioned and in turn I figured warranty had covered the boat. This was approx 3 months after dropping the boat off, and nearly the entire season was gone at this point. We took the boat out the day I picked it up to give it a whirl and once again found our selves dead in the water at the ramp with a boat having a dead battery and multiple hoses unhooked inside the boat when we put it in the water.
                      I drug the boat out and dropped it at or nearest Malibu/axis dealer and asked to have anything they saw wrong repaired. I received a boat back 2 weeks later as well as a bill for near 800 that included an oil change(was supposed to be done by heyday dealer), battery replacement, bilge/blower circuit rewire and lake testing. I rode once more last season and brought it back to this dealer for winterizing.
                      Until this weekend, we hadn’t had a debilitating problem again in over 50 hours of operation.
                      Fast forward to this season. I have been noticing the bulge to be running excessively. Usually about 3-5 times a day on the lake, I’d see the bilge empty 3-5 gallons at a time. At first I was just happy to see it work finally but the more I’ve been on the boat the more I felt uneasy about it. Finally had a friend on the boat this weekend that flat out just made us stop and inspect the boat before going further. We found a few small little hose leaks and thought we were good to go. We allowed the boat to sit for about 10 minutes without running to see if we saw anything else, when we inspected it again, we found a large amount of water in the hull Again. Upon closer inspection we found about an 8” crack in the rear of the hull. I immediately brought the boat out of the water and found no exterior damage around the crack. I am near positive this is a defect that has been with the boat since day one or the v-drive was dropped during R&R at the dealer.
                      I am beyond over this boat. The used value of these has steadily gone down at an alarming rate and it looks to be a never ending loss of money as I see new boats going for less than $40k as dealers try to unload units from a year ago that are unsold and the few used boats I’ve seen are selling below $30k. I don’t even know where to go with the boat anymore as I refuse to take it to the selling dealer with all the Trouble and horrid customer service I’ve received. I’ve spoken with other customers of this same dealer who Have had quite the same experience with this dealer.
                      I truly hope other owners of this brand have had a much better experience. I am beyond disgusted with the brand.

Comment

• green650
                        green650 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unfortunately the marine industry has a long way to go in comparison to automobiles when it comes to quality control and reliability. It’s unfortunate that Toyota got out of the wakeboard boat business, I had high hopes from them.

I went to BoatCityUSA (Bayliner dealer) in Hammond, La. two weeks ago and inquired about when they would start having Heyday boats on their lot (I liked the WT1SC). Their inventory is pretty impressive and this is where I test-drove the Bayliner Element that I ended up purchasing.

The owner informed me that they will not be carrying the Heyday boats at all. The story / experience described above by Boostfed provides some insight into why dealers may be staying away from Heyday(s)

Comment

How the heck did Bayliner get suckered in to buying Heyday?
                        Esteban
                        B-ham!
                        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Working...
                        X