Tell me about your 1802. Likes, dislikes , handling?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiteCap
    Frequent Contributor
    • Jul 2022

Tell me about your 1802. Likes, dislikes , handling?

I'm looking at a 2004 1802 with a 2018 Mercury 115 , 4 stroke. What do you like about your boat, what don't you like? How does it handle in a following sea, up to 2' . we often run south in the morning to fish and head home when the afternoon breeze picks up, up to 20 knots and averages 2 foot following sea. Thanks!
  • eman6501
    Fresh Face
    • Aug 2022

I no longer own my 1802, but I still miss it. That was a fantastic boat. I live on Florida's Gulf coast and that boat was one of the driest little boats I've ever owned. Mine was a 1997 model and had a Force 120. I now have an Element F21.

Comment

• 1802 WA
      Fresh Face
      • Apr 2021

I really like my 2010 1802 it's the perfect boat for two people in my opinion. Three or more starts to get a little crowded. One of the thing that I don't like is the soft top with the eisenglass curtains that are kind of a pain to put on and take off after every trip. The design of the enclosure is not really suitable to be driven down road at hi speed so you have to remove everything before you hit the road. I am really considering building a pilothouse enclosure, something that is permanent and does not have be removed at the end of every trip. There is a video on U-Tube of a guy that has an Arima and that's exactly what he did and it looks factory. Anyway that's the only gripe that I have about this boat. It has a 2016 115 Pro XS Mercury and a 9.8 Tohatsu kicker. I couldn't ask for much more. My wife likes the fact that it has a porta potty for long day on the water.

Comment

Working...