1995 Trophy 2002 WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 Trophy 2002 WA

Looking at a pretty clean 1995 mostly fresh water used 2002 WA. I already know I won't care for the 120 HP Force OB. Any guesses on the boats real value and anything nice to say about the model and the year I already have a couple boats but my lady would like something with a cuddy and a potty Comes with a pretty nice trailer... I am fishing from NE Florida to the keys

It's a shame your question has had 74 views in nearly three months but not a single reply. I would hope that's not typical on this site but reviewing the stats of other posts it seems that sadly it is. I understand when I see a highly technical question go without a reply because people don't know the answer, they're too timid to put their technical knowledge to the test or just don't want to risk giving out bad information. But you're just asking for an opinion on this model. Surely there must be a few 2002 owners on this site so I don't get why you were completely ignored.

I just joined today and I'll be happy to give you my feedback. Not sure if it will help considering it's been so long since you asked but here ya go...

I own a 1994 Trophy 2002 and I l think it's a great boat. In fact it's the most versatile boat in my little fleet of four. What sold me on the boat was my the sea trial I did before buying it. Here's the story.

I bought it from a shop that did PWC repair shop in Tampa Bay. It was a customer's boat. We did a sea trial in the Gulf of Mexico. While out we passed two of the shop owner's workers test driving a jet boat.

We took the boat up through the very narrow and shallow canals of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. I couldn't believe how well it navigated in such tight spaces. Later that day, as we were heading back in, we got a call from the guys testing the jet boat we'd passed earlier. It had died while out in the flats in less than a foot of water. The shop owner trimmed up the motor on the 2002 and headed in. Fortunately the motor had a hydrofoil allowing him to trim up much more than it would otherwise and still maintain good propulsion. On the way there I watched the depth finder go to 8" without us ever hitting the bottom and that was with three adults in the boat.

Then it got real interesting. We towed the jet boat back in, now with four adults in the Trophy and one on the jet boat and again we never touched the bottom.
    Bayliner specs are a 1'2" draft. But I saw it go 3/4 of a foot. I was sold.

I've since taken it placed only flats boats navigate. Yet I can take her offshore and feel totally safe. With a150 Yamaha on I've had her up to 43mph. Great boat IMO.

Comment

hello everyone and greetings from Croatia.
      i joined this site because i saw a lot of interesting posts about 2002 trophy. I am a fresh member of a 1995 trophy. I bought it from an older man who owned it for almost 20 years. paid for it about 5.5 k and the boat hasn't arrived to my town yet. i am planning to install a brand new yamaha 150 hp on it. Can someone tell me what i could expect from that boat, i mean whats the quality of a fibeeglass as I heard from some people its very bad example gelcoat is bad, falling aftee sometime etc... But i still like the boat a lot and planning to go offshore saltwater fishing here on Adriatic.. here are some pics of it

Comment

I really like the hardtop. It looks like someone may have already dealt with the fuel tank, since it appears the deck was cut out. these hulls were a little wet in following seas but not terrible. The weight of the hardtop may make that worse, but the weight of the 4 stroke will help. Expect a top speed of about 40 knots if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Yes, you are right, the previous owner took the fuel tank out because ir was leaking. The hardtop was diy system of polyurethan in sandwich so the weight shouldn't be the problem ( i hope)

Comment

My 1996 2002 WA is a dream. Fishing off the west coast in 3 metre seas and it handles it fine. I repowered mine with a 200 and put on bigger trim tabs to control the trim easier. Love my boat and love the thought of putting a light hardtop on it

Comment

any idea where to install thru hull transducer. as i see 2002 has double bottom...

Comment

Working...
              X