Caulk Remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caulk Remover

Hi, I need help from an expert member. Which Caulk Remover is the best for boat.

Welcome! Where are you trying to remove caulking? I made a hook shaped to get between the window frames, around the rub rail and about any other caulked joint. I started with a cheap screwdriver and thinned the blade down then cut the hook.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	15916D3A-490C-4D1D-8EA7-FBF13800136D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	603141 Click image for larger version  Name:	A231F0F4-8CE6-422F-91C5-78407B2CC640.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	603142
    Its not fancy, but it does the job, even where there were gobs of silicon that needed to be dug out in the corners of the salon bulkhead where the bottom is fiberglass, one side is aluminum window frame and the other side is teak. There was a plug of goop about half an inch wide, three quarters tall and an inch and a half to two inches long.
    Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?
    If your question is about cleanup around a caulk bead, Clorox wipes work amazingly well on you work and hands.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

A paint can opener works great also.I follow up with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol

Comment

Used 'Captain Phab' adhesive remover - was very effective in getting rid of the residue left behind after old caulk was removed. Note that many of the adhesive/sealant caulks caution against use of alcohol as it interferes with set-up.
        Ron & Kellie
        Just Us 2 - 2001 4788
        New to us September 2020
        Moored in Coal Harbour

Comment

Well, I had an experience about that since 2016. As my opinion, The best-known modern marine sealant, 3M 5200, a polyurethane, has a well-deserved reputation for unsurpassed strength and tenacity that makes it the go-to sealant. view more information about caulk remover.

Comment

Working...
          X