1991 2459 live well water source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 2459 live well water source?

Just purchased a 91 2459, trying to put things back to working that the previous owner modified.
    the live well under the seat is what in working on now. I cant figure out how water was supposed to be introduced to it. There is a 3/4" line from the transom to the well, with no pump of any kind that I can see, and the line is not connected to anything at the transom. I also see the drain going out the port side thru hull, this is all I can see on it though.

I wanted to tap into this line to add a washdown pump, and also would like it working so I can use it as a livewell, mostly for crab storage.

So where did the water come from? I see no thru hulls or seacocks on the boat. There is a shoot thru hull transduce . Installed port side, maybe they removed the seacock and filled the hole, now the transducer covers it? Or maybe im just not seeing it.
    thanks for any help!

I have an 89 2159 with 2 tanks. They are connected to each other with a t-fitting in the middle that via a macerator pump goes overboard on the sb side. One tank has an aerator pump that just pumps water around. There is no fresh water entry. I figure one or two buckets of water will fill the tanks.

Comment

Im looking for the livewell tank that is under the seat, not the in floor fish boxes. It has plumbing running to the back of the boat, and a switch to control a pump in the factory dash, just no thru hull or pump. Im starting to wonder if they didnt delete the thru hull when they swapped in a new mercruiser 5.7 and outdrive.

Comment

Mine are basically gravity feed input. There is an inlet pickup on the transom. Just inside, right beside the port batter box, is a valve you can turn on and off. If it's on, the water flows from the outside, through a T connection and into the tanks. The tanks fill automatically when you put the boat in as long as the valve is open. Pumping some water out via the macerator pump will cause the tanks to refill automatically from the outside pickup because of the water level difference. The pickup is about level with the top of the tanks, so it's self-leveling.

Comment

Working...
        X