replied
    Autocorrect! Yes, undisturbed.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    replied
    Originally posted by courtjester View Post
    hey pete, dont you mean "undisturbed"?
    I think he made typo, an un🤪
    I agree with Pete, seems like transom mounted ducers have issues holding the bottom while on plane do to the water flow becoming somewhat aerated.

Leave a comment:

• courtjester
    replied
    hey pete, dont you mean "undisturbed"?

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    You want it in an disturbed flow of water. My experience with actually mounting a transducer on the transom was that it worked well but only at low speed. Once the boat got up on the step there was too much air being introduced to the water flowing in contact with the transducer. I chose, and still choose, mounting the transducer inside the hull at, or close to the bottom of the V in front of the engine. I get a small can of bondo, clean the surfaces with acetone, put an oversized wad aka butter, of the bondo on the bottom of the transducer and stick it to my mounting site. I allow for the angle of the bottom of the boat verses the surface of the water, only a few degrees, and set the mess in place holding it until the bondo starts to harden. Then sometimes I take a putty knife and remove the excess, other times I leave it depending on how much squeezed out. It I messed up it’s only a matter of a slight tap to break the transducer free and a few minutes with a chisel to remove the remaining bondo.
    In an ideal world I would have all of my transducers on Glauben be through the hull mounted as the most sensitive, but for what we do I have three shooting through the hull and one hull mounted to the outside.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Todd
    started a topic 97 1903 transom transducer location

97 1903 transom transducer location

Where did you guys mount the transducer? Pictures would be great!

Thanks
    Capt Todd
Working...
X