Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 Trophy 2002 WA Drain Hole in cockpit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Trophy 2002 WA Drain Hole in cockpit?

So, I picked up a 1999 Trophy a couple weeks ago. Mostly in good shape. I'm going through and fixing minor stuff. I came across what is essentially maybe a 1" hole in the deck with a tube/hose run to it from underneath. It's right by the chair in front of the steering wheel on starboard side. I don't see anything mentioned in documentation regarding what it is. I'm assuming it's a drain for the deck that's missing a thru-hull of some sort that should be connected to the hose that comes up from under the deck.

Am I on the right path here?

If that's the case, how do I replace the thru-hull if I can't tighten the typical hex nut on it?

My 89 2159 has one at the same place, and another 2 right above one another in the right rear corner. One is in the floor, one in the sidewall. I had the idea that they drained to a thru-hull high up on the transom. They would never drain unless the boat was underwater.
    I put in a macerator pump and hooked it up to the pump that empties the fish wells. I can close off the fishwell waterdrains, in the unikely event I have fish in the tanks and need to drain the cockpit I can close them, just as if I want water in one tank but not the other.

Comment

Thanks. Do yours have any type of caps or fittings on them? The one on my deck is just a hose coming from underneath to a hole in the deck. The hole in the deck is slightly larger than the hose, almost as if a fitting should be connected to the hose underneath and glued or attached to the deck.

as it stands right now, I essentially have a hole in my deck that most certainly allows water into the bilge that has to be pumped out.

Comment

Here are my 2 drains in the rear right corner, and the hose they were hooked up to. I mounted a pump inbetween.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X