Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Trophy 2002 - water in the cuddy step storage

Hi All!
    New to the group, and just purchased a 1996 Trophy 2002. I’ve noticed that there’s water in the cuddy step storage. There is one drain in the bottom but it seems the water isn’t draining out of it. I’m not talking about a lot of water, but enough to wonder about? Is something clogged, or some valve somewhere not closed?
    Any ideas?

Congratulations and best of luck with your new Trophy ( I have the same year and model and couldn't be happier).You have a popular newbie question and the common answer is it's an area water collects there when the boat is at the dock. You'll see a pvc pipe in the bottom rear of the box. Run a snake through it in the event it's clogged; it discharges to the bilge. My solution (assuming there's no holes in the boat) is to initially trim the motor down and bring the bow up as high as possible before the boat planes off. Manually turn on the bilge pump and it will pump out any water that may have settled there (most likely rainwater).
    We'll all stay tuned to questions re: Rabud scuppers, fishwell seals, dashboard switch labels, how on earth do I access the pumps, and probably more. All the best.

Comment

I have a 1999 Trophy 2002 that I just purchased. It is moored and I have the same issue. Everything I’m reading indicates it’s a common issue because the bow sits in the water too low when moored.

I’m planning on taking the boat out for a spin tomorrow and hitting the bilge pump manually once I have the bow up to see if it drains. The tube in that area doesn’t seem clogged so hopefully the water I found is mostly rain water and will drain when I get out tomorrow.

one thing I was considering doing was installing a bilge pump up there and maybe threading the drain hose through that tube. Does anyone see an issue with doing this?

im a new boat owner so forgive me if that’s a dumb question.

Comment

Not familiar with the 2002. My 2159 has a bilge pump in the front, forward of the fuel tank. The bow compartment drains to the rear bilge. I also have a pump in a small area behind the fuel tank, forward of the engine. Some Trophies have a third pump under the engine.

Comment

I don’t think my year (99) is supposed to have a bilge up front. At least the supplement guide for it doesn’t show one. It DOES have a plastic pipe that runs back toward the stern (not sure how long it is).

im gonna run a smaller flexible tube through it today to make sure it’s not clogged, and then take the boat out, get the bow up, and hope the water makes it way to the rear bulge and pump it out.

Comment

Working...
          X