Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boat, new to forum, bunch of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New boat, new to forum, bunch of questions.

This is my new boat, and got some questions. It is a '89 Bayliner Trophy.
    A. What model? 2159, 2359,???.
    B. How can you remove / lower the dining table to make it into a bed?
    C. Front windows inside seals are pulling out. How hard to replace?
    D. We want a cover. Any suggestions?
    E. Suggestions for a fridge?
    F. Suggestions for shore-power hook-up and or solar panels?
    G. Any suggestions for an upholstery shop in Seattle /Edmonds/ Lynnwood / Everett WA? Inside pillows are falling apart, as is the curtain.

Currently the engine is out, good thing as I found a soft spot in the bottom right of the transom, and some bad hoses in the engine compartment. I have seen some u-tube video's. That will be the next project

Looks a lot like mine 1995 2359. Only pic I have is on slrrady

Comment

Nowhere I can find the model number. Not on the title, not on the manual, which is for a 92....

Comment

Nobody has any suggestions to any questions?

Comment

I am sorry you have not received many responses.
          Maybe you could try posting a breakdown of questions with details in the title.

Ex: Cover recommendations for my 1989 2359 Trophy?

Ex: Front Window Inside Seal Replacement

Ex: Fridge suggestions for 1989 2350 Trophy
          Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
          Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Metrodriver View Post
            This is my new boat, and got some questions. It is a '89 Bayliner Trophy.
            Congratulations.
            A. What model? 2159, 2359,???.
            I can't help with that from your pic but comparison to other web pics it is similar to the 2359
            B. How can you remove / lower the dining table to make it into a bed?
            Typically the tables - if on a post - simply pull up and there will be a ledger board to support the table. Then a seperate cushion goes over the table. That may be missing.
            C. Front windows inside seals are pulling out. How hard to replace?
            Due to a limited number of folks owning your particular model, it would help if we could see pics of the issue. Many systems and parts are used across the US Marine models, but without knowing your specific model it is hard for us to know what you may be referring to. Pictures are a big help.
            D. We want a cover. Any suggestions?
            Leta's Top Shop, LLC. You can find it on the web. Lots of original patterns.
            E. Suggestions for a fridge?
            Again, does it have a fridge? What make model? Or are you asking because it never had one and you wasn't to install a fridge somewhere? If it has s non functional one and you cannot find the mfg or model, again a picture would help.
            F. Suggestions for shore-power hook-up and or solar panels?
            Again, I'm not familiar with your boat so I can't help. Does it already have shore power panel you want to fix, or are you just asking how it all works?
            G. Any suggestions for an upholstery shop in Seattle /Edmonds/ Lynnwood / Everett WA? Inside pillows are falling apart, as is the curtain.
            Again, Leta's Top Shop.

Currently the engine is out, good thing as I found a soft spot in the bottom right of the transom, and some bad hoses in the engine compartment. I have seen some u-tube video's. That will be the next project
            It sounds as though this is a project boat. As mentioned above, folks will be willing to help, but it will be easier to keep the questions as individual posts. Also, the HIN (Hull Identification Number) will identify the year made and other information, available on the WEB.

Please be patient. Some of us are older and sleep in late or don't check the BOC every day at this time of year because it is the best time to be out on the boat!

1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
            "Sea Flights"
            5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition and raw water cooling
            A​​​​​​lpha I Gen II Sterndrive/1.45:1 gears
            M15.25 X 15P Black Max prop
            MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
            Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

These Bayliner HIN decoder links may be helpful for you.

https://hindecoder.com/index.php?q=bayliner-hin-decoder

http://www.hinsearchplus.com/hs_userguide.aspx

"Sea Flights"

Comment

Congratulations on the new to you boat. As to the refrigerator, Nova Kool makes a great series that operates on 12v only. The advantage is not having a bunch of electrical monkey motion eating up battery power. I had one on my previous boat and I could get about twice the 12v time over the previous never cool.
                For shore power, what are you going to use the 120v for? Obviously the battery charger is one item. Depending on how much room you have for batteries, you could set up a dual battery installation with one for starting and the other for house. From that you could run a battery charger/inverter unit and have 120v AC available. I just installed a smart plug setup and it’s so much easier than the twisters.
                P/C Pete
                Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
                MMSI 367770440
                1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
                Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Looks like the 21 footer, judging by the location of the bilge vents.

Comment

Pgiconch, I used that link and it came up with '89 Bayliner Trophy Cuddy. No 2159 or 2359, did they start using number codes later? Websites for parts want the number code. I have a strong feeling it is a 2159 (is 21 the lentgh?), but no solud confirmation on that anywhere.
                    -It has an ice-box. Looks like a fridge, but no electrics to hook up.
                    -It had 2 batteries, one installed, the other sitting around. Above the installed battery is a big red switch that can switch between them or combine them for engine starting.
                    - I want shore power for battery charching, and to charge electronics. Same for solar panels. Boat has nothing that can charge batteries except the alternator on a running engine.

Pcpete, what does this smart plug look like, how does it work? Not familiar with "twisters".
                    I will check into that Nova cool.

Hmmm, added text to the pictures but it is not showing....
                    Window seals pulling out of the corners, battery switching unit(?),table leg, ice box on its back. Batteries are located below it. Last picture shows location of icebox under the stove and sink unit.

Comment

I have an 88' trophy 2460. It's the 24 foot version of yours. Difference I've noticed between the 21' and the 24' is the bilge vents are more forward in the 21' and the 24' has the battery compartment in the back of the boat. My window seal looks exactly like yours and I have the same useless fridge (ice box). Some of the 21' don't have the bow pulpit. It must just depend on the year.

Comment

As to the table, it should pull up and seperate from the floor stanchion. And the pipe should pull out from the table as well. Then the table sits on those two ledger boards and a cushion sits on the table if available to make the bed. I have seen/had one that welded itself in due to corrosion. Lots of penetrating oil.

Petes refer idea may work for you. Seems from responses that the boat did not have an AC panel originally, so Pete or others can guide you there as well. Pete is referring to a newer style of marine AC power plug setup. The older/still current type engage by insertion then twisting to lock them in place so they dont fall out.

I was just guessing on your size but others who have had them seem to think it is the 21. Sorry the links didnt help.

Two batteries are better than one. Best to hook your battery charger to the battery switch (a dual charger if you add the second battery). There are lots of discussions on BOC with drawings. Just search battery hookup.

Good luck with your project. Soon you will be enjoying the fruits of your labors.
                        "Sea Flights"

Comment

Working...
                        X