Livewell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livewell

I may sound stupid, but I can not figure out how to work my livewell on my f21. I can get it to fill up, but no bubbles or recycling. No matter which way I put the nozzle it brings in new water.

I had it run over when I left it running. Maybe the drain is blocked?

Comment

There are no bubbles or recycling in either live well.

It fills up and then drains when it gets to the top but will overflow if you let it run.

Both wells have a hull pickup and it will pump raw water into the well and then drain from the overflow or when pulling the plug out.

What is your thought on bubbles ? You need an oxygen feed if you want bubbles - separate aftermarket setup

Comment

Is there not a timer on the switch for the livewell? Also, the overfloww should take care of any excess water unless the drain is plugged. Put a garden hose over the drain and you’ll soon see if it’s plugged. Lack of oxygen isnot what kills live bait, it’s water temperature. If you maintain the water temperature in the tank to the surrounding water temperature the bait will do just fine. That’s the function of the timer on the bait pump control.
        Bob Hawes.
        Kelowna, B.C.
        1998 Trophy 2052 WA
        4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Ok I think I didnt fully understand the system. The water temp was 85 degrees this weekend. I don't think the drain was blocked. I think the water was just pumping in faster than it was draining. I had success keeping bait alive when I kept running and draining. The only other livewell I ever had I pumped in water and then turned it to recycle and it seemed to keep everything alive. I would sometimes put a couple ice blocks in it with some blue neutralizer stuff. This was fresh water fishing though.

Comment

Most of the controls that I used in the past had a run time and a cycle frequency. I was always able to control the amoint of flow. If the water that you were fishing in was 85 degrees, the bait would not last long. Ice may be your only option but that does seem like an awful lot of work.
            Bob Hawes.
            Kelowna, B.C.
            1998 Trophy 2052 WA
            4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Working...
            X