F21 offshore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F21 offshore

First off I am new here. Second I wanted to know if a f21 could handle near or offshore fishing in the Gulf of Mexico in nice weather days? Finally can anyone tell me the things they like about their element f series boats? All I read in most places has been negative. Thanks

I have a short review of my F21, feel free to read it. I've had mine over a year now and I like most everything about it. The offshore debate comes up in various forms about many boats. Can you can't you, should you etc. Firstly the F21 has a low bow as it is geared for protected bays and flat deck fishing - not ideal when you hit the inlet and things don't look the same as when you left. I have tested mine is somewhat rough bay conditions with chop and it's not pleasant. it pounds.

So to answer your question - I would say this is not a boat for near or offshore. Now and again when the weather truly allows it then maybe. Note that access through inlets and your area of use might change the perspective. My view is just in general.

Comment

That is about what I was thinking. I will read your review. I will it the bays of nw Florida and south Alabama. I also fish the Alabama river. I actually got the boat because it can carry more people than most plain fishing boats.

Comment

i recently purchased a f21 with the same apprehensions however i did it anyways. before this boat i was a partner in a 28 Bertram. i have taken it out in 4 to 7' seas and while you may get wet it did very well and if you slow down its not bad. i have made the 40 mile offshore trips to Catalina sometimes im going 35 sometimes its 12 just depends on what the seas are like. i love it. i have the 150hp. the live well is useless working on changing that now. the fuse panel is small and doesn't really allow much expansion. there are definitely things that need to be changed the t top needs to be checked after every big trip as the bolts will loosen if not tighten every couple of trips

Comment

Kalani,
          looking at a new f21, what dont you lile about it?

Comment

Working...
          X