Water under center console not draining to the rear bilge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water under center console not draining to the rear bilge

I recently picked up a used 1996 Center Console 19' Trophy and notice the water under the deck is draining from the front to the middle of the boat, under the center console. However, it's not draining from there to the rear. I have checked the PVC pipe drain that should allow the water to go through to the rear but it seems to only go about 8 inches before hitting something solid. I'm not sure if its a blockage or maybe an elbow? I can't get to it from the rear either because of the fish locker drain box. I'm assuming this is a drain that runs under the fuel tank and should be draining to the rear bilge. Anyone have a similar problem or know anything about the drain? Any and all ideas welcome!
    Thanks!
    David

David,
    If you have a shop vac and it has the option of blowing instead of suction you could try to connect the hose to the pipe and then see if you feel any air escaping at the fish locker box. If the pipe has elbows it would not matter.
    Good Luck-
    Gibraltar, Mi.
    1986- 3870- Hino 175's - Just purchased May ,2017
    34' Tollycraft- sold
    88 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
    14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbird View Post
      David,
      If you have a shop vac and it has the option of blowing instead of suction you could try to connect the hose to the pipe and then see if you feel any air escaping at the fish locker box. If the pipe has elbows it would not matter.
      Good Luck-
      Thanks for the help. So you think the drain pipe under the console might be connected to the fish boxes?

Comment

UPDATE... so I was able to run a fish tape through the rear plug up to something solid in about the same spot. From the console end of the drain, I am still only getting about 8 inches and it feels as if I'm hitting the gas tank. I wonder if that drains through to the gas tank area but not through a pvc pipe, just generally into the hull area? Going to try air pressure tomorrow...

Comment

You would be better running a fiber camera down the hole, The pipe not be in line with others (there is usually more than one bulkhead under the deck) or the pipe may make a 90 degree bend upwards (like the 2452 in the front step well in the cuddy)
          Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

might be a channel under the tank my 2452 had that channel. found 3-4-5 oz weights and tons of other stuff clogged the channel, get a very stiff thin wire make a hook and try the other side if you can.
            Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Alen View Post
              might be a channel under the tank my 2452 had that channel. found 3-4-5 oz weights and tons of other stuff clogged the channel, get a very stiff thin wire make a hook and try the other side if you can.
              I'm thinking you might be onto something Chief. I found a water bottle cap in one of the scupper drains so I would not be surprised to find fishing weights down inside there. Think I will try that this evening. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X