Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 2002WA 175 ob questions.

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this site and looking to pick some brains. I just picked the boat up in the fall. I noticed it has a through hull fitting on bottom for the livewell. It Looks like a really dirty job to change that out through the hatch, the fittings look a bit crusty, but I'd rather not get into a hornets nest. Does anyone know if this is a problematic thing? Any other tidbits to be on the lookout for too would be great.

Thanks

Same boat, year, and motor purchased eight years ago. The through hull was a plastic scoop capped off on the inside with a simple rubber screw type transom plug. If that fell out I'd have sunk. Yikes. Not intending to make the live well functional I purchased a bronze through hull, bedded it in 4200 on the outside hull and clamped with a provided nut and washer into the existing plywood plate and capped it off with a bronze plug. Going forward a seacock, pump and fittings could make the live well operational again. Strictly a job or long, thin arms and minimum beer gut. If it's a "hornets nest" that could compromise your safety, I encourage you to address it. Good luck with your new toy. I really enjoy mine.

Comment

Ya,it's a crazy terrible spot and plastic. Really? Plastic? I may install a larger hatch just to get this done properly. Short arms and a considerable counterweight are going to make this much harder. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I was fooling with mine this fall after I had removed my 125 and sold it and while I was waiting for my new 175 I had a bunch of room to reach down there thu the hatch to get to it, mine had a hand ball valve down there but my pump was bad that sat on top of the Valve so while the OB motor was off it was easy to fix....

Comment

Working...
        X