Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 2002WA 175 ob questions.

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this site and looking to pick some brains. I just picked the boat up in the fall. I noticed it has a through hull fitting on bottom for the livewell. It Looks like a really dirty job to change that out through the hatch, the fittings look a bit crusty, but I'd rather not get into a hornets nest. Does anyone know if this is a problematic thing? Any other tidbits to be on the lookout for too would be great.

Thanks

Same boat, year, and motor purchased eight years ago. The through hull was a plastic scoop capped off on the inside with a simple rubber screw type transom plug. If that fell out I'd have sunk. Yikes. Not intending to make the live well functional I purchased a bronze through hull, bedded it in 4200 on the outside hull and clamped with a provided nut and washer into the existing plywood plate and capped it off with a bronze plug. Going forward a seacock, pump and fittings could make the live well operational again. Strictly a job or long, thin arms and minimum beer gut. If it's a "hornets nest" that could compromise your safety, I encourage you to address it. Good luck with your new toy. I really enjoy mine.

Comment

Ya,it's a crazy terrible spot and plastic. Really? Plastic? I may install a larger hatch just to get this done properly. Short arms and a considerable counterweight are going to make this much harder. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X