Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element F18 Boat Cover

Hi all,
    anyone have any luck finding a good cover for an F18? I need one but having tough time finding one that accommodates the factory trolling motor it came with. Also I do not have the T top on my boat, just the bimini. Have seen two manufacturers that make covers with these specs but reviews have been sketchy. Anyway, what do you all use?
    thanks
    john

In all honesty, I'd have the local canvas guy make you one. I have the F18 T Top, and have a cover that hooks to the T Top, then hangs down (ttopcovers.com). But, it's generic, and while it works great, therein lies the problem. A lot of the covers are for storage, and not made for mooring. They don't snap down like custom made covers, so you can't really snap it down while in the water. They're not tight, and tend to flop around in the wind. Plus, you have the trolling motor you need to cover, so maybe custom made is gonna be the way to go. As a plus, your canvas maker will use Sunbrella with an acrylic coating - which means your canvas will last for years with proper maintenance.
    '17 F18 - 115 Merc

Comment

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has had good (or bad) results from online manufacturers. Thanks!

Comment

I ended up ordering one from Boatcovers.com....its a weathermax material, outboard cover and portside trolling motor cover. Came to $736....did NOT include tie down clips, rope wratchet or pole stands so figure another $75 for that. The cover does the job but looks like shit. Instead of sewing a pocket in to accommodate the trolling motor they just made this section of the cover larger and added a secondary material underneath it to defend against chaffing where the TM would rub. At first I actually thought it wouldn't fit as the dealer had the TM stowed with the prop up instead of to the side when I picked the boat up. Once I swung it around it now fits but I am being gracious when I say it looks 'custom' as the manufacturer advertises. I don't understand why this is so difficult. These boats apparently sell well so you'd think someone would make a decent fitting cover to accommodate the factory installed options. I get it if I put on a different TM or something but this is the way probably 70% of these roll off the line. Cover does a good job so far but again it does look funky at the front. Gonna have to stay that way for now. I've already upgraded the fish finder, added a transom saver for the motor, hour meter, downriggers, cheap rod holders, guide posts for the trailer, spare tire and holder and all the little things that add up. Plus I want to add hydraulic steering because it steers like a pig. B.O.A.T.= bring on another thousand

Comment

Working...
        X