Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snapless Mooring cover for Element 18 with Bimini Top and Ski tower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapless Mooring cover for Element 18 with Bimini Top and Ski tower?

Hello,
    I just bought an '20 Element E-18 which came with a bimini top, ski tower and snap cockpit cover.

Since we are permantly keeping it 1 block from the house in a covered slip, I would like a cover that is easier to get off than the 50 snaps OEM cover- something elastic, drawstring, 2 or 3 straps etc.

Does anyone make a cover which might be custom made to work with these 2 Element options? The ski tower and bimini top both fold down, but it sure would be nice to be able to leave them up with the right cover. ThanksClick image for larger version  Name:	00d0d_2OCYurJuWd9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.8 KB ID:	633513

The "factory" mooring cover has velcroed openings that fit around the watersports arch, and is secured by a ratchet strap. You do unfortunately have to fold down the Bimini, but that's pretty quick and easy. I believe that a similar cover is sold by Carver or Westland.

A custom canvas guy can make one that will allow you to keep the Bimini up, but that might cost you $50 - $100 per foot of boat length, depending on where you are located and how badly the canvas guy needs the work....

Comment

Working...
    X