Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shores
    replied
    You bet!! east coast florida...along with some other grand islanders I went to school with.

Leave a comment:

• element385
    replied
    Originally posted by shores View Post
    I left in 1993/94 I think. We lived on east river rd.
    Hopefully you got as far away from NY as you possibly could!!

Leave a comment:

• shores
    replied
    I left in 1993/94 I think. We lived on east river rd.

Leave a comment:

• element385
    replied
    Stock prop is 15p 3 blade alum. Engine height is 2nd hole from top. Have you changed the prop or engine height?
    BTW, I used to live on grand island.
    I haven't done anything with the engine, although I do need to get a stainless prop. Every time I see my Merc tech, I forget to ask which one I need. How long has it been since you've been on the Island?

Leave a comment:

• shores
    replied
    Stock prop is 15p 3 blade alum. Engine height is 2nd hole from top. Have you changed the prop or engine height?
    BTW, I used to live on grand island.

Leave a comment:

• element385
    replied
    If I find one I will report back.

Looks like you have a 115hp F18, mind if I ask what your #'s are performance wise?

1. what rpm and gps top speed?
    2. what prop are you running?
    3. what is your engine height or hole #?
    I hit max rpm of 5800, GPS top speed varies from 34 to 41. according to wind, current, chop and load. Most times, top end is about 38 (kinda sucks, I have a 44' motor yacht that'll do 37 all day long LOL). I'm on the Niagara River so current is always a factor. Prop is factory, 13.75 x 15 I believe. Might be 17 pitch, but it's factory. I also have smart tabs, which does take a bit off the top speed. As far as engine height, my engine doesn't sit directly on top the transom, the bracket has about an inch between it, and the top of the transom. My boat is under shrink-wrap, so getting that info is pretty much outta the question.

Leave a comment:

• shores
    replied
    If I find one I will report back.

Looks like you have a 115hp F18, mind if I ask what your #'s are performance wise?

1. what rpm and gps top speed?
    2. what prop are you running?
    3. what is your engine height or hole #?

Leave a comment:

• element385
    replied
    These couple are a bit deep even for wet sanding. Well past buffing. Thank you for the color. I guess my point is not to spend $50 for a couple tiny scratches. Just wondering if anyone has found a close match in say dupli-color.
    Hell, my insurance company spent almost $8K on scratches. And gouges, and exposed fiberglass, and busted rubrail. (boat came untied from the dock on the bow, during high winds and smacked it around). You might find a close color with car touch-up paint, but something tells me it's gonna be more effort than it's worth, and might not match properly.

Leave a comment:

• shores
    replied
    These couple are a bit deep even for wet sanding. Well past buffing. Thank you for the color. I guess my point is not to spend $50 for a couple tiny scratches. Just wondering if anyone has found a close match in say dupli-color.

Leave a comment:

• element385
    replied
    First, will the scratches buff out? If not, (and I know you mentioned paint) Spectrum Color has gelcoat repair for our boats, it's listed under US Marine as the manufacturer. You can get a spray can of gelcoat. You can download their catalog from spectrumcolor.com I believe the blue you're looking for is called Patriot Blue Max. You can buy it on iboats.com - which is where spectrum color will direct you, if you try to buy on their website. You can buy a paste kit, which is super simple to use, quarts, gallons, and a spray can.

Leave a comment:

• shores
    started a topic Element Blue touch-up match

Element Blue touch-up match

Has anyone found a touch up paint that is close to the blue on the newer (2016-up) Element boats? I understand it's gel coat but not getting into that for some scratches that are fine lined.
Working...
X