Element E18 - Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    The clamp-on rodholders were through Amazon...."Amarine" brand, IIRC. They are heavy, solid, and not corroding at all in a saltwater environment.

The tridents...i can't recall. Could have been Amazon, or direct through another interweb vendor. The fishing tackle....various. Mostly from a local tackle shop, but some from the interweb...

Leave a comment:

• E18
    replied
    Originally posted by 6104696 View Post
    Waht you talkin' bout??

Where did you buy that stuff?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• nclexman
    replied
    Yikes! You guys are serious! I agree though, we couldn't find a boat to come close to our Element for fishing AND entertaining!

Leave a comment:

• MickTXK
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great! I thought about doing the same thing, but our boat wants to drift sideways. So, I just setup 4 off the port side on the ski/tow bar, and 4 more forward for the wife. Now, we can just sit back and relax on the starboard side and drift away. :-)

replied
    Waht you talkin' bout??

Leave a comment:

• MickTXK
    started a topic Element E18 - Fishing

Element E18 - Fishing

We purchased the Element E18 to mainly play on the lakes, and drag grandkids around. But, my wife and I also like to fish. We decided we could fish out of a "play" boat, but couldn't play on a bass boat...not with 8-9 people anyway. So, the Element E18 fit our needs perfectly. However, it wasn't the easiest boat to fish out of. Living in the border town of Texarkana in SW Arkansas I do a lot of drift fishing for catfish in Arkansas and NE Texas. I've found that this Element E18 will pretty much drift perfectly sideways. And, we normally sit on the starboard side, and fish off the port side. So, I replaced the two forward cup holders and one of the port side cup holders with cup/rod holders, giving the angle about 2' between the ends of the rods. Then, I ordered 4 clamp-on rod holders to attach to the ski/tow bar in the aft. The way I positioned them I have about 2' between the end of 4 rods on the back. This works great for us. The clamp-on holders for the tow bar will fit a 2" tow bar, which fits ours perfectly. So, we can now fish with 8 rods very comfortably.

Here are the links for the rod holders:

https://www.amazon.com/HYDDNice-Tour...dp/B07SBSXW34/

https://www.amazon.com/Mate-Plastic-...dp/B07FF6W8ZQ/

Working...
X