M-Y Wedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-Y Wedge

Anyone used this product on Element's Command Thrust/Big Foot? What do you think?

I use it on mine. Takes the weight off the tilt/trim hydraulics. Super easy to use. I like it a LOT better than those "transom savers" that go from trailer to lower unit.

Comment

Good deal, thanks.

Comment

The transom saver has two functions: 1- Take the load off the hydraulics, 2- Transfer some of the load from the transom to the trailer structure. The M-Y wedge only takes the load off the hydraulics. Based on this, I'll continue using a transom saver.
        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

I bought the wedge for mine and then found out I need two other pieces that hold the motor straight and keep it from moving side to side. I haven't got around to ordering them yet.

Comment

Hmmm. Sounds like the MY is a shortcut.

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
              I bought the wedge for mine and then found out I need two other pieces that hold the motor straight and keep it from moving side to side. I haven't got around to ordering them yet.
              You only need those extra pieces if you have hydraulic steering. I let my motor "lay over". I thought it would flop around, but it doesn't. You REALLY have to go over some rough roads to get it to bounce around a bit and even then it isn't much.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton_Rider View Post
                The transom saver has two functions: 1- Take the load off the hydraulics, 2- Transfer some of the load from the transom to the trailer structure. The M-Y wedge only takes the load off the hydraulics. Based on this, I'll continue using a transom saver.
                And any road shock you DO get is transferred to your lower unit. The transoms are made to take the weight of the motor both on and off the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Andybrown View Post
                  Hmmm. Sounds like the MY is a shortcut.
                  Shortcut to what? It's an easy way to take the abuse off the hydraulics. It works.

Comment

Working...
                  X