Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Element 18 Can you add an aftermarket sports arch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Element 18 Can you add an aftermarket sports arch?

HI all, new boat and new to owning a boat, grew up on a boat happy to share it now with my kids. We are really enjoying our boat so far. However our element did not come with a sports arch/rack now really would like to add one for multiple reasons. It could help add not only fun but some function to our boat as well. I have been digging around the forum and internet in general and not seeing that anyone has done this? The dealer sold us on they just get in the way and you don't need it, Elements were impossible to find at the time of purchase anywhere near us, so we didn't have one with a rack to compare too/ purchase.

I dug in forum and saw someone say that an older sport rack was made for bayliner by extreme towers??

Is it possible to add one after market? Has anyone does this? Where would I find such a thing? Thanks in advance for any direction to this newbie.

I did some research a while back for my E16. I called Monster Towers direct and they would not sell me one. The only place you can get them is from the stealer I mean dealer. A black non folding arch is $1200 and the folding arch is $3000. I need the folding one so the boat will fit in the garage. I couldn't justify spending that much.

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
      I did some research a while back for my E16. I called Monster Towers direct and they would not sell me one. The only place you can get them is from the stealer I mean dealer. A black non folding arch is $1200 and the folding arch is $3000. I need the folding one so the boat will fit in the garage. I couldn't justify spending that much.
      Thanks so much that is super helpful!, we could go with the non folding one we are not dealing with any height limitations for storage. I'm guessing that doesn't include the labor/install?

Comment

Not sure where you are located but there may very well be a local fabricator that will make one for you better and cheaper than the factory one.

The dealer did you a disservice by saying they get in the way. They are not in the way of anything IMO and make terrific handholds when getting on and off the boat, and when on the boat. If his in-stock model that he wanted to sell you HAD the arch, he surely would have had a different story.

Comment

My dealer wanted $500 to install it.

Comment

Working...
          X