Element E16 Factory snap cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element E16 Factory snap cover

I bought a used 2018 E16 - came with the factory snap cover that covers the entire top of the boat. My question is did these covers come with interior poles to support the low areas? I see two spots in the cover that are reinforced for support poles. Anyway, wanted to get the poles if anyone knows where to find them.

I believe this is what you are looking for. You may want to shop around for a better price. WestMarine can be a bit expensive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1E25E00F-2A14-4238-92C7-68B3276D730D.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	546608
    Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
    2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
    12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Does your reinforced area also have a female snap that faces the deck of the boat with the dome side facing the sky?...…..that is what my VR5 has on the factory covers.
      Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
      Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Originally posted by FLA-E16 View Post
        I bought a used 2018 E16 - came with the factory snap cover that covers the entire top of the boat. My question is did these covers come with interior poles to support the low areas? I see two spots in the cover that are reinforced for support poles. Anyway, wanted to get the poles if anyone knows where to find them.
        It should have come with the poles. They snap into snaps on the underside of the cover in those reinforced areas.

Comment

I will look around for poles and check that one part for a snap. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FLA-E16 View Post
            I will look around for poles and check that one part for a snap. thanks.
            If you don't find any stored in your boat, you simply need to figure out the approximate lengths you need and what design will work best at the top (male snap or no snap etc)

They should not be too hard to find. Good Luck!

Comment

Should have come with adjustable poles (2). If you buy them make sure to buy adjustable ones. They are for keeping water from pooling on your cover and tearing the snaps off.

Comment

What OAKPLANK sent you is the exact type that came with my cover from the dealer.

Comment

• TX H210 SS
                  TX H210 SS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine too....guess most brands use same ones.

Wonder if taylor made also are makers of bayliner windshield and frames? Mine is also taylor made.

Makes ya wonder if different boat makers actually make anything other than hulls.

Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post
                Mine too....guess most brands use same ones.

Wonder if taylor made also are makers of bayliner windshield and frames? Mine is also taylor made.

Makes ya wonder if different boat makers actually make anything other than hulls.
                I agree. Each have their own hull design. The rest is just assembled parts from various manufacturers.
                Some will choose more expensive parts while other will choose cheaper parts or offers less items (built in gps, radio, auto bilge pumps etc.).
                Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

I agree. Each have their own hull design. The rest is just assembled parts from various manufacturers.
                  Some will choose more expensive parts while other will choose cheaper parts or offers less items (built in gps, radio, auto bilge pumps etc.).
                  …………...and in some cases, those other companies are under the family umbrella.

Roll over the "our brands", "accessories" section to see some related companies to Brunswick/Bayliner.

https://www.brunswick.com/our-company

Comment

Working...
                  X