X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilbajs
    Fresh Face
    • Mar 2019

Element E16 Trolling Motor

I am contemplating the idea of adding a trolling motor to the bow. I was looking at new boats listed for sale across the country on BoatTrader.com. I see several that are being offered with a trolling motor already installed. It looks like (in the the pics) there is a bracket made out of Starboard or the like to attach the motor bracket to. Is this a Bayliner accessory? Does anyone know the part number or how to go about getting the bracket?
  • Florida Paul
    Fresh Face
    • Jul 2019

I'm interested in this too.
    2019 - Element e16
    The GOC
    (Grandparents On Call)

Comment

• Wilbajs
      Wilbajs commented
      Editing a comment
      I will let you know what I find out. I have a part number of 2153745 but none of the dealers I have called can even give me a price on it. There is also part numbers 1849564 and 1849563 for the receptacle and plug respectively.
  • Florida Paul
    Fresh Face
    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Florida Paul
    I'm interested in this too.
    Thanks!!
    2019 - Element e16
    The GOC
    (Grandparents On Call)

Comment

• Wilbajs
      Fresh Face
      • Mar 2019

I have confirmed the mount is p/n:2153745, 1849564 receptacle, 1849563 plug, 1866790 battery tray, 2062590 spacer, and 2062591 spacer. According to Bayliner, they mount the battery under one of the front bow seats. The bracket is made for Motor Guide trolling motors so they can't say for sure it others will fit. I am hoping it can be modified to use with a Minn Kota as those are what I have always had and really like them. Other than a trolling motor and the wiring, I think this should cover it all other than a quick release bracket if desired. I have ordered these parts and should have them in a week or so. I will upload some photos and measurements when I receive them.

Comment

• Florida Paul
        Fresh Face
        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Wilbajs
        I have confirmed the mount is p/n:2153745, 1849564 receptacle, 1849563 plug, 1866790 battery tray, 2062590 spacer, and 2062591 spacer. According to Bayliner, they mount the battery under one of the front bow seats. The bracket is made for Motor Guide trolling motors so they can't say for sure it others will fit. I am hoping it can be modified to use with a Minn Kota as those are what I have always had and really like them. Other than a trolling motor and the wiring, I think this should cover it all other than a quick release bracket if desired. I have ordered these parts and should have them in a week or so. I will upload some photos and measurements when I receive them.
        I'm looking forward to your photos. I'm interested in a quick release bracket so I don't need to take the trolling motor on every trip.
        2019 - Element e16
        The GOC
        (Grandparents On Call)

Comment

• Wilbajs
          Fresh Face
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Florida Paul

I'm looking forward to your photos. I'm interested in a quick release bracket so I don't need to take the trolling motor on every trip.
          Yes, me too. I’m hoping the Minn Kota quick realese bracket will attach to the Bayliner bracket.

Comment

• Rip2017
            Frequent Contributor
            • Nov 2017

I'm also very interested. I've been considering the engine mounted 12v Minnkota trolling motor that sells for roughly $800. I already have a 2nd battery (deep cycle) mounted next to the starting battery in the stern.
            Rip in Nevada
            2021 160BR - 90hp
            ​​​​​​
            2017 Element e16 60hp - SOLD!

Comment

• Wilbajs
              Fresh Face
              • Mar 2019

Attached is a photo of the mounting plate and spacers I received along with 2 drawings that Bayliner sent. Also is a parts list which includes a different navigation light as the original low profile one will not be visible over the trolling motor. Bayliner advises an access hole may need to be cut into the bow and covered with an removable cover like over the bilge to install the hardware, see pic with red circle.

Comment

• brabid
                Fresh Face
                • Feb 2020

How did the minn kota quick release work on this?

Comment

Working...