No announcement yet.

Element E16 - Trim Tabs or motor hydrofoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to install smart tabs ( posted in a few spots here in case I run into problems and need to try to catch someone's attention!...?used to do things like this a lot but that was 30 years ago)

Due to a depth finder transducer looking like I need to install them in more outboard fashion similar to The GOC.

But weary of getting too close to the 'chine' as noted in the manual which I take to be the flat part of the hull on the most outboard sides

However sounds like The GOC installation was a success......and need that, cannot deal with the porpoising and tough plane time with my larger fishing buddies in the boat
    ‚Äč
    any advice very much appreciated

Definitely posting a review / outcome once completed and tested

Comment

I have a 2015 element with the 60hp engine. It did porpoise but my biggest issue was it would not get on plane with more than 2 people on board unless someone was upfront on the bow. I was planning to add smart tabs and change to a 4 blade prop based on what I had read online. My dealer recommended a hydrofoil instead. I decided to try the hydrofoil and I am very pleased with the results. Big improvement! I can not comment on trim tabs or a prop change, but I can say that a hydrofoil helps a lot!

Comment

I have been running the SE Sport 300 for a little over a year now and just removed it and installed the Nauticus Smart Tabs. Was easy to install and will update my post after taking it out this weekend. We run the inter-coastal waters here in Florida.

Comment

Working...
        X