Element XL / E18 where to mount rod holder without sport arch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element XL / E18 where to mount rod holder without sport arch

I have an XL and would like to add rod holders. Considered a vertical 4 post under stereo or a Robocup mounted to the Bimini Post. Also considered the Berkeley horizontal rod holder for storage.

Would like to see your pictures or what other's have done.

Also for those that fish with an E18 do you stand on the casting platform without cushion? Does anyone have the seat that mounts to it?

Thanks

Chris

North Central Florida found usually in the Harris Chan of Lakes

2016 Bayliner Element XL 115hp Mercury Fourstroke

I went with the Rocket Launchers from Empire Covers. So far I've been really happy with them, they keep the poles out of the way and can even do a little trolling with them.

Comment

That’s really neat. ThAnk you for sharing. That eliminates the issue if them being in the way.
      2016 Bayliner Element XL 115hp Mercury Fourstroke

Comment

You do have a run a screw through them to keep them in place, the jaw slides they come with are slightly larger than the factory bimini, other than that, super easy to install and definitely keeps them out of the way.

Comment

If you have a bimini top as I do, you can mount typical stainless steel angle-adjustable rod holders (like the Blacktip brand from West Marine) on the aft-most vertical bimini support struts. They are 7/8" diameter which will work for the rod holder clamps. Before mounting, I ran a couple of wraps of electrical tape around the struts to cushion them and prevent scarring. Just pay attention to the height that you mount them so tthey don't become head-clearance obstacles when boarding from either side.

Comment

Working...
          X