Seat blocks came off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat blocks came off

So the seats on my Element are held in place by some plastic blocks underneath. Recently to of the blocks have fell off because the screws have worked out. Has anyone else had this problem and If so how did you fix it. I tried screwing them back in the same area however they still pulled out.

Rudy

If you have not tried already...………...remove the screws and fill the holes with 2 part epoxy.
    Be sure to push the epoxy deep in the hole....imagine trying to make it ooze into the interior of the foam on the other side of the hard board.
    Let it cure for longer than the label says to ensure maximum hardness.
    Next, drill a pilot hole (smaller than the screw) in the epoxy area.
    Slowly and carefully install the block with the screws
    Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
    Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Yes I just posted about having the exact same issue a few days ago. I tried filling with adhesives and 3M 5200, with no joy. I will give the 2-part epoxy and redrilling a try.

Comment

I have the same thing happening on almost all of mine., I'm going to make small stainless plates for the bracket to bolt to, then secure it with 6 screws and hopefully they stop moving.

Comment

Teebsa, did making the small stainless brackets work on the seats? If so can you take a couple pics for us as mine are doing the same.

Comment

I used the epoxy and it works like a charm!
            2014 Flight Package 16' Element
            Upgrades: 90HP Merc, NFB Helm, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade 15P Prop, MercMonitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Custom Steering Wheel, Stainless Cup Holders, Radio w/4 speaker and Subwoofer + Amp

Lacey, WA

Comment

I tried the epoxy and redrilling...it failed after one day out. I just tried cementing in wall anchors, hopefully that will hold.

Comment

Working...
              X