After 2 years of research, we're finally a part of the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 2 years of research, we're finally a part of the family

After learning every nook and detail of these things over the past 2 years, we finally picked up our E18 today. I just love rolling into the dealer knowing more about something than they do ha. It's a leftover 2018 and is exactly what we'd been looking for. Can't wait to splash her for the first time, it's going to be the best summer yet!

Element 18

Congratulations. You got it just in time for the summer!
    Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
    Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Congrats and nice looking boat....and trailer. Let me share my hard learned lesson with those covers. I may be preaching to the choir but the snap on top isn't good for trailering. It's for putting on when stopped cuz those snaps will pull through while trailering.

also....the bikini boot cover should be wrapped with a rope. I have same type with zipper. It's not right enough for trailering and zipper will fail...the fix is to get a black rope and wind it around the bikini cover to hold tight. Mine got trashed during trailering home from dealer five hours away.

have had no issues since I learned those lessons the hard way......enjoy the new boat and like the ski tow setup
      2008 H210SS Four Winns
      Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
      Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
      Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Congratulations! Did you make the dealer install sponson drains before accepting the boat?
        "The Profit"
        Sunny Florida
        2018 E16 75 hp: Corrected Center of Gravity, Very Dry Sponsons with Drains, SC1000 Gauge, Bennett SLT10 trim tabs, Racor Fuel/Water Separator.

Comment

Congratulations. Be safe, on and off the water.

My cover came with the draw string and loops for straps that go around the belly of the boat. I had snaps added because my boat is in the water all season and it’s easier to snap the cover on when on the water. However, because I left the loops on, when trailering, in addition to the snaps, I use the straps. My suggestion would be to have about four loops added on each side of the cover. For a few bucks, you will feel better having the straps in addition to the snaps. Best of both worlds.

Enjoy your new toy.
          Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
          2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
          12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, luckily we will only tow twice a year. Once to the lake to put it in and once to bring it back home in the fall haha. I did notice after a couple days of rain having it here in the driveway that the cover collects a TON of water. The 2 support poles really accomplish nothing so I may have to rig something to prevent that. It will spend the summer on a hoist getting rained on so a loose cover is not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by heffbomb View Post
              Thanks! Yeah, luckily we will only tow twice a year. Once to the lake to put it in and once to bring it back home in the fall haha. I did notice after a couple days of rain having it here in the driveway that the cover collects a TON of water. The 2 support poles really accomplish nothing so I may have to rig something to prevent that. It will spend the summer on a hoist getting rained on so a loose cover is not ideal.
              Just make sure you have the free after market sponson plugs installed by the dealer, especially if you’re having rain water coming in.
              Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Very good point on drain plugs....you will want them opened, even in a sling. Dont count on a cover to keep water out. It will keep must dust and bird crap out, but they all leak.

Most flooded boats get flooded on trailer or hanging in sling. I have the tent poles for my boat also and the same style top. I've been at lake with top on and poles in place when raining....I sat in camper and drank beer watching water run out of bilge drain.

I would look into cost of a trailering cover...they strap down and fit tight and are no comparison to the dust cover tops. If i was keeping it outside I would invest in one....but still keep plugs out when in air or make sure you have power to bilge. Gravity is the sure drain though.
                2008 H210SS Four Winns
                Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
                Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
                Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Congrats!

E18 is an ideal choice, couldn't fit that in my garage *Sigh*

Comment

Working...
                  X