Fire extinguisher on Element 16?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire extinguisher on Element 16?

Where is the best location to mount a fire extinguisher and what mounting hardware is needed to install on a 2017 Element e16?
    Rip in Nevada
    2017 Element e16

The first answer is someplace handy. Not in a locker, not in the engine compartment unless it’s an engine compartment specific system. I like mine “just out of the way”. Not where I’m going to bump into, trip over or step on it, but where it’s absolutely available. The mounting bracket comes with just about all fire extinguishers. Be sure to get one, or two, that is ABC type with a gauge. For instance https://kidde-fenwal.com/Public/Syst...e-Extinguisher
    i suggest you do some YouTube University about proper use and care. Iiwm, I’d go by the local fire station and ask them about exactly how to use the extinguisher. A little bit of training with what to expect and how you can fight a fire will most often come back to you in an emergency.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

In Florida the FWC (Fish and Wildlife Commission) and Coastguard allow extinguishers to be stowed out of direct sunlight and salt spray. They suggested in a dry bag under seating. I store mine wrapped in a towel inside a dry bag under the port bow cushion. I guess its worth the extra time to access the extinguisher if there is a better chance that it will be operational.
      "The Profit"
      Sunny Florida
      2018 E16 75 hp: Corrected Center of Gravity, Very Dry Sponsons with Drains, SC1000 Gauge, Bennett SLT10 trim tabs, Racor Fuel/Water Separator.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F9877A59-2943-47EF-BBFE-A5DBB4C3AED8.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	483178

Comment

Originally posted by Bayman View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	F9877A59-2943-47EF-BBFE-A5DBB4C3AED8.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	483178
          This was discussed in the earlier version of the forum.
          I personally don't like this position. It is too close to the seat of a probable fire. As well, I have doubts that the plastic fitting the extinguisher is mounted to is strong enough to hold the extinguisher long term without cracking.
          The extinguisher in my XL came mounted in the storage area under the drivers seat. There is a sticker mounted external here to show the location. The extinguisher is sturdily mounted, protected from the elements and easily accessible. This was where the dealer mounted the extinguisher prior to delivery. My personal view is that this is a superior mounting position than alongside the petrol tank and the motor.
          That's my two cents worth.
          Peter Walter-Smith
          Riverport of Goolwa, South Australia
          2014 Bayliner Element XL
          115HP Mercury EFI

Comment

I don’t know if you have the room on an Element like this or not. It seemed logical to me on our 185
            Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
            2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
            1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
            1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
            1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
            1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
            1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
            1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Comment

Originally posted by RobMick View Post
              I don’t know if you have the room on an Element like this or not. It seemed logical to me on our 185
              Exactly where I mounted mine on my old 1800
              Dave
              Edmonds, WA
              "THE FIX"
              '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
              (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
              The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
              Misc. projects thread
              https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
              X