Trailer recall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer recall?

just got notice that Bayliner is recalling my 2018 E16 trailer. Anyone else?

got one too, i have to go and look at the vin#, etc., to see if mine's included.
    '17 F18 - 115 Merc

Comment

did they say why?

Comment

• Carbo
        Carbo commented
        Editing a comment
        Potential catastrophic failure. They put a bracket on the leaf springs. My bunks are not centered, port bunk 1” closer to center. Tongue weight is too light. Dealer said he won’t touch it, take it to a karavan dealer 50 miles away.

Total Recall, that was a great movie......oh trailer recall. Here it is. I bought in February 2018. My trailer is from January 2018, well outside of the recall period.

Click image for larger version  Name:	trailer recall .jpg Views:	1 Size:	437.2 KB ID:	465962

"The Profit"
      Sunny Florida
      2018 E16 75 hp: Corrected Center of Gravity, Very Dry Sponsons with Drains, SC1000 Gauge, Bennett SLT10 trim tabs, Racor Fuel/Water Separator.

Comment

Just got mine today . Need to check the date but it is in storage .

Comment

I received my recall letter on an F21 with a double axle trailed - I do fall in the affected date. Anyone know what they do to resolve it ?

Either way I'll call tomorrow to find out.

Comment

The repair took an hour and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-F21 View Post
              I received my recall letter on an F21 with a double axle trailed - I do fall in the affected date. Anyone know what they do to resolve it ?

Either way I'll call tomorrow to find out.
              I would assume they simply replace the leaf springs. For most E16 owners I don't suspect this is a pressing issue as the springs are rated to 7500lbs and would have to fail REALLY REALLY early to buckle under an E16... Not sure what an F21 Weighs....

Comment

Working...
              X