Fuel remaining in e16 tank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel remaining in e16 tank?

I would like to know how much fuel is in my 12 gallon red plastic tank at all times. The crappy float/needle gauge on the tank is not accurate or reliable as the needle tends to stick and of course you have to remove the cushion to see it.
    Any suggestions on how to improve my dilemma besides buying a new boat?
    Rip in Nevada
    2017 Element e16

I made a dip stick out of 1/2" CPVC.

Comment

You could change out the tank to a permanent style one that has a real sending unit and add a fuel gage to your dash.
      https://www.iboats.com/shop/moeller-...CABEgLMxPD_BwE

Click image for larger version

Name:	B9484119-B4DE-4FE4-A6CC-9302E5B55476.png
Views:	1
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	454930
      Esteban
      B-ham!
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

I added a sending unit to my plastic tank, but it doesn't read quite on the nose.I've done this on 2 of the plastic atwood tanks to date. I'll probably switch to the Moeller tank next season so I have more accurate read. That being said, it CAN be done to the plastic tank. The only problem is once I installed the sender I couldn't pull it back out to adjust the level float without dropping screws in the tank so I just account for the margin of error on the dash.

Comment

Mercury Smartcraft Gauges or the Bluetooth version will tell you fuel usage and much more. But they will not tell you how much fuel is in the tank. I start with a full tank and reset gauge to zero. It shows fuel usage which I find to be accurate and you can calibrate if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by The profit View Post
            I made a dip stick out of 1/2" CPVC.
            This idea definitely fits my budget!
            Rip in Nevada
            2017 Element e16

Comment

As mentioned above, mercury Vesselview Mobile. Best $250 you can spend. It will accurately calculate fuel used, and thus can tell you (via calculation/estimation) fuel remaining. I find it very accurate with my 115....

Comment

Originally posted by 6104696 View Post
                As mentioned above, mercury Vesselview Mobile. Best $250 you can spend. It will accurately calculate fuel used, and thus can tell you (via calculation/estimation) fuel remaining. I find it very accurate with my 115....
                I use the smart craft SC1000 and also use the fuel used feature. Quite accurate, which i suppose is simple enough when it's digital fuel injection. The ECU knows how long the injectors are open and the flow rate etc.... Money well spent . For $50 more than the vessel view mobile ( which I ALMOST bought ) I get all the functions of the vessel view and some eye candy to spruce up the dash! On my 75 very few items DON'T work.

Comment

Working...
                X